Revov 10.2kW settings on a Multiplus 5kva inverter. Inverter keeps going off.

solarman

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with a backup system Revov 10.2kW and Victron MP II 5000. No Panels.  I've got the following document from Revov. Any other insights you might have regarding the settings of this system? 

The inverter seems to be tripping for no apparent reason. This is feedback from the site: 

• Sat 21 May power off at 15h40 for approx. 30 secs, Eskom still on.  All fine until….
  • Sat 21 May power off at 18h25 for approx. 30 secs, Eskom still on, power then on for approx. 15 secs and then off again for approx. 30secs. Sequence repeated again and I switch over to Eskom to avoid damage to electronics.
  • Sat 21 May 19h28 reset inverter as it was completely off, switched over to inverter again from Eskom but isolated inverter from mains so it could run off battery. No further issues experienced and left it like this until …..
  • Sun 22 May 07h43 switched mains back to inverter to charge batteries which were at 71%
  • Sun 22 May at 09h24 power off for approx. 30secs, Eskom still on, batteries at 97%.  Again power out at 09h27, Eskom fine , so switched over to Eskom direct and left it like this, which is the current status.

I'm trying to establish what could be wrong, faulty inverter, wrong settings or battery issue. The revov technician went to site and said the battery is OK, on the victron forum they said if a MP goes off when SOC is near 100% it could be a cell imbalance. This is why im looking at settings ATM, Any help will be appreciated. 

On 2022/05/24 at 1:57 PM, solarman said:

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with a backup system Revov 10.2kW and Victron MP II 5000. No Panels.  I've got the following document from Revov. Any other insights you might have regarding the settings of this system? 

The inverter seems to be tripping for no apparent reason. This is feedback from the site: 

• Sat 21 May power off at 15h40 for approx. 30 secs, Eskom still on.  All fine until….
  • Sat 21 May power off at 18h25 for approx. 30 secs, Eskom still on, power then on for approx. 15 secs and then off again for approx. 30secs. Sequence repeated again and I switch over to Eskom to avoid damage to electronics.
  • Sat 21 May 19h28 reset inverter as it was completely off, switched over to inverter again from Eskom but isolated inverter from mains so it could run off battery. No further issues experienced and left it like this until …..
  • Sun 22 May 07h43 switched mains back to inverter to charge batteries which were at 71%
  • Sun 22 May at 09h24 power off for approx. 30secs, Eskom still on, batteries at 97%.  Again power out at 09h27, Eskom fine , so switched over to Eskom direct and left it like this, which is the current status.

I'm trying to establish what could be wrong, faulty inverter, wrong settings or battery issue. The revov technician went to site and said the battery is OK, on the victron forum they said if a MP goes off when SOC is near 100% it could be a cell imbalance. This is why im looking at settings ATM, Any help will be appreciated. 

I've had similar problems, though not as frequently, with batteries from the same manufacturer and a Goodwe inverter. 

In the cases where the system shut down, it rebooted itself again, which may explain the 30 second gaps. 

• 8 months later...
On 2022/05/24 at 1:57 PM, solarman said:

Hi All,

Hi did you resolve this issue yet? If not I can try assist.