UPS has inverter.

Delphinus

I have a 5KVA UPS that I'm testing to see how it works has inverter anyone of you guys has a setup with one?

My reason for a UPS is that I want to use it of grid and the relation of price to KW and quality of wave is very good, the problem that I found until now is that it uses 192V so the easy way is to feed the UPS with several micro-inverters that cost more compared to a single one.

Another advantage that I found is since probably will have to put inverter and batteries 50 mt away from panels with micro-inverters I can use the wiring of my house and save a lot in 50mt PV cable and infrastructure for it.

I will appreciate your feedback.

On 2022/07/29 at 2:04 PM, Delphinus said:

I have a 5KVA UPS that I'm testing to see how it works has inverter anyone of you guys has a setup with one?

My reason for a UPS is that I want to use it of grid and the relation of price to KW and quality of wave is very good, the problem that I found until now is that it uses 192V so the easy way is to feed the UPS with several micro-inverters that cost more compared to a single one.

Another advantage that I found is since probably will have to put inverter and batteries 50 mt away from panels with micro-inverters I can use the wiring of my house and save a lot in 50mt PV cable and infrastructure for it.

I will appreciate your feedback.

Microinverters output AC Power onto an existing grid. Your UPS can not make use of that. 

50 minutes ago, stok said:

it sound like it will be cheaper to get a non UPS inverter i.e 48v and a battery.

the ups usually have a 192v DC input and in microinverters, the output is grid coupled AC, I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do

The UPS cost me 800€ I can't get a good 5 KVa inverter and charger for that price. The idea is feed the ups mains with the microinverter and charge the batteries with the UPS, if no power from inverters ups will enter, to control when ups will be in full battery mode I only need a Shelly EM to cut mains and measure the power. UPS also has a bypass mode that save energy for don't have to convert again what receives from microinverters.

Anyway I'm going to return the UPS because fans make a lot of noise and I don't want to void warranty replacing them.

52 minutes ago, Basil Katakuzinos said:

Microinverters output AC Power onto an existing grid. Your UPS can not make use of that. 

You are right but I don't want to put power into the grid, what I get don't worth the trouble and cost a lot of money and space to have a backup box with contactors to be 100% certain that I don't feed the grid on a power loss.