LiNiMnCoO2 batts

Brushless

I have 4 x 10.4Ah (41.6Ah) 6S LiPo batteries from a obsolete drone project. Min/Max voltages are 21V/25.2V and the charger should normally be CC/CV. Problem is most solar chargers are meant for Pb batts and thus have different termination voltages.

However, it would be great to use these for a small solar system rather than just have them sitting around getting old. I haven't seen any SCC's in SA for lithium batts, but there are a few places across the ponds that offer solar chargers with a lithium option. The DoD for lithium's is 80% so better than most Pb based batts.

Anyone using lithium batts here?

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I have 4 x 10.4Ah (41.6Ah) 6S LiPo batteries from a obsolete drone project. Min/Max voltages are 21V/25.2V and the charger should normally be CC/CV. Problem is most solar chargers are meant for Pb batts and thus have different termination voltages.

I know that the Aussie Li ion users set bulk and float to the same voltage thereby  terminating charging. 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

However, it would be great to use these for a small solar system rather than just have them sitting around getting old. I haven't seen any SCC's in SA for lithium batts, but there are a few places across the ponds that offer solar chargers with a lithium option. The DoD for lithium's is 80% so better than most Pb based batts.

Anyone using lithium batts here?

I have a DJI phantom charge that works from a car's cigarette socket. Connect a 10W or 20W solar panel directly to it and it will charge the lithium batteries. 

• 2 months later...

I have a Victron 75/15 but not the configuration cable or software, so not sure whether or not it can charge lithium batts natively.

I have solved my issue by making up some 7S packs of the lithium cells which then have then very similar min and max voltages as PbAc's - 21.7V to 29.4V. These packs work great especially as one can use almost all the energy in the battery rather than the 50% one can get from PbAc's