Inverter Genset Control Using Battery SOC

Kalito

I have a supersilent FAW 22KVA genset alongside my hybrid solar system. We keep it on Off state as it is wired through mains and out put goes via inverter as well. A relay box isolates the two gysers. In other words if utility power goes the Smartgen internal genset ATS activates. The genset will normally run if it is set to Auto (hence its in off or manual mode to prevent it auto starting). When it is run ofcourse the Inverter sees Utility power and treats it as it would real utility power that is disabled if there is enough solar (inverter set to solar priority).

Has anyone know whether one can wire these gensets to the inverter in such a way that they "see" utility absence only when the SOC reaches set levels? For instance if say the inverter batt voltage drops to say 48V the inverter ATS is activated and the inverter starts. When SOC reaches "float" (54V) the genset is made to "see" AC back on and hence shuts down?

I read in the Axpert manual of a dry contact thingy. which has several states to control such a thing? Currently there is a cable which runs from the house mains to the genset and a control cable then back to the house.

2017-02-27 09.59.28.jpg

2017-01-22 20.29.50.jpg

2017-01-22 20.43.25.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kalito said:

Has anyone know whether one can wire these gensets to the inverter in such a way that they "see" utility absence only when the SOC reaches set levels? For instance if say the inverter batt voltage drops to say 48V the inverter ATS is activated and the inverter starts. When SOC reaches "float" (54V) the genset is made to "see" AC back on and hence shuts down?

Does you genset have an Auxiliary setting? If so then one could start using that. If not then I am afraid it means insert wiring to carry the start/stop signal directly and voiding the warranty. Those gensets are not designed with solar in mind. My own gennie I have on manual as I do not want an hour or two of cloudy weather to trigger the gennie. 

• 1 year later...

My generator doesn't equip with ATS (automatic transfer switch). The purpose of the dual power automatic transfer switch is simply to use as common or backup. When the common power suddenly fails or the power is cut off, the dual power switch is automatically put into the standby power supply, (The backup power supply can also be powered by the generator under small load.) to keep the device still running. ATS can detect the mains failure signal. When the mains fails, it can give a control signal to the self-starting end of the generator set in time, so that the unit can start itself and prepare for power supply. If you want to connect your generator to the inverter, you really need to inquire professional engineer since it is electrical equipment. Your genset uses the same controller SmartGen controller with mine.