axpert 3kva inverter cant determine battery SOC

philip12

10 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

Most inverters have that problem.

Yup, even my favourite blue box has that problem UNLESS the inverter is actually doing the charging. You can't control the number of people in your night club unless you have a bouncer at the door keeping count. Voltronic has chosen to go without a bouncer... :-)

15 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

Most inverters have that problem. An independent battery monitor like a Victron BMV solves your problem.

hi tnanks for the reply, yeah sad to hear that. been wondering if maybe a firmware change will do. but have no idea on doin so with this unit... 

or maybe ill just use the inverter as a dc to ac converter and ill just connect the panels to a diffrent  brand external solar charge controller and chrge the batt. which will feed to the blind axpert inv.

1 minute ago, philip12 said:

thanks for replies,   yeah been a bit frustrated. when i discovered the issue when i bought the inverter new, set it up with two new 200ah batt.  then thought inverter was doin fine. then i was wrong new batt. was slowly being used up. 

The easiest way to determine whether your batteries are getting enough charge without a BMV is to look at the middle LED. It flashes during charging and is solid when in float. Your batteries should float 2-3 hours each day. During cloudy spells it is acceptable to go for 4 or 5 days without being fully charged. Here in the Karoo it is easy to go to float most days. To really know what is going on purchase a BMV.

33 minutes ago, philip12 said:

hi. thanks for the reply pv's all good. and been monitoring the controller. its fine also.

now it's cold and the voltage on the pv's can be higher than Voc. If Axpert CS, then the voltage above 60V, he will not see. ( I live in Ukraine (Europe) and maybe not right that the Karoo too cold :)