Is Kool Energy inverter with 1.5kW lithium battery enough for loadshedding?

Mr Anxious

4 hours ago, Mr Anxious said:

I intend to buy Kool Energy 1.5kw with lithium battery. To be used during load shedding only for now. TV, 2x desktop computers, 2x monitors, DVR with 3 cameras, decoder, 5.1 blu ray home theatre system. Will this inverter be ok for 2-4 hours during Eskom's loadshedding.

4 hrs might be a stretch for the 1.5kWh battery for the equipment mentioned. It all depends on the power used by the desktops as it can vary quite a bit. 

• Moderator2 changed the title to Is Kool Energy inverter with 1.5kW lithium battery enough for loadshedding?

Im gettign the 1kw model. But will ONLY be using it for my PC while working... should keep me clear from 2 hour loadshedding... 3hours max.

My buddy has a watt meter and on his gaming PC he measured 250-300W while working (in Unity and Blender) and about 500w while playing Cyberpunk.

The 1.5kw has a 1280WH Battery... assuming both your PCs are gaming at full capacity (500w) ... Its only gonna last like 1.5 hours... thats JUST your PCs nothign else.

Think you're gonna need something much bigger if you want all of that to run for 4 hours.