Need firmware for Easun SMW Twin 11 KW

Alexyss

Hi, i have this inverter Easun SMW Twin 11KW, and have problem with 90V in morning its stuck in 90V....

Actual version firmware Main CPU its 00064.08 and Secondary CPU firmware version its 00038.08

Thank you for your answer!!!

The firmware update file for 64.08 is available, so a patched version is possible. There are so many models and so many firmwares.

Plus, it's still not totally clear to me what the best fix is. My slight favourite is replacing the 5.0 A current threshold (which we thought for a while was a 0.5 A) with 0.5 A. [ Edit: I'm back to believing that the threshold is 0.50 A, and the best patch reduces that to 0.05 A). ]

It's also possible that recent changes by Voltronic to at least two recent firmwares have fixed this problem, but I haven't seen any indications that they have.

I'm happy to do the patch if I can find the time and if there is enough call for it.

Anyone else looking for an MPPT fix for the Axpert Max E 11 kW '2809 Twin? 

Edited by Coulomb

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Alexyss said:

Resolved problem with 90V ... @Columb posted new version 64/62

Are you saying that factory firmware version 64.62 in the repaired zip file fixes your stuck at 90 V problem?

Maybe Voltronic have gotten it right after all.

9 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Are you saying that factory firmware version 64.62 in the repaired zip file fixes your stuck at 90 V problem?

Maybe Voltronic have gotten it right after all.

Now, i sayng 64/61 firmware its OK dont have problem with 90V but, for testing new version 64/62 i need bad time like rain, more cloud, this big condition for testing one new firmware, one sunny day all firmware working good, but one cloud day and more like rain its perfect day for testing like aim posting one youtube heer:

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have this inverter Easun SMW Twin 11KW, and have problem with 90V in morning its stuck in 90V....

Actual version firmware Main CPU its 00064.07 and Secondary CPU firmware version its 00038.06

SN invertor is 96342209104636 

Thank you for your answer!!!

Edited by John123

4 hours ago, John123 said:

I have this inverter Easun SMW Twin 11KW, and have problem with 90V in morning its stuck in 90V....

Actual version firmware Main CPU its 00064.07...

From What Patched Axpert Firmware is that?, your options are:

Patched firmware version 264.62 with 200 V MPPT minimum, and

Patched firmware version 164.62 with 150 V MPPT minimum, if you have fewer panels (typically 4-5).

I'm still building the What Patched Firmware page, but it's getting pretty good for the MPPT patches.

5 hours ago, Coulomb said:

From What Patched Axpert Firmware is that?, your options are:

Patched firmware version 264.62 with 200 V MPPT minimum, and

Patched firmware version 164.62 with 150 V MPPT minimum, if you have fewer panels (typically 4-5).

I'm still building the What Patched Firmware page, but it's getting pretty good for the MPPT patches.

I have 2 strings of 8 Canadian solar panels of 510w each

On 2023/05/03 at 4:54 PM, Coulomb said:

The firmware update file for 64.08 is available, so a patched version is possible. There are so many models and so many firmwares.

Plus, it's still not totally clear to me what the best fix is. My slight favourite is replacing the 5.0 A current threshold (which we thought for a while was a 0.5 A) with 0.5 A. [ Edit: I'm back to believing that the threshold is 0.50 A, and the best patch reduces that to 0.05 A). ]

It's also possible that recent changes by Voltronic to at least two recent firmwares have fixed this problem, but I haven't seen any indications that they have.

I'm happy to do the patch if I can find the time and if there is enough call for it.

Anyone else looking for an MPPT fix for the Axpert Max E 11 kW '2809 Twin? 

Hello Coulomb, I need help pls, 'cause I have the same problem (90V bug) my inverter is an Easun SMW 11KW Twin (label: ISOLAR SMW 11KW TWIN, SN:96342209107801) "Not E Twin" (don't know the difference),  with removable display U1:64.07 U2:38.06. Can you pls tell me how to procede?

12 hours ago, Simoz said:

my inverter is an Easun SMW 11KW Twin (label: ISOLAR SMW 11KW TWIN, SN:96342209107801) "Not E Twin" (don't know the difference), 

The "E"s have the rEmovable display, the IIs (twos) have the round colour display. Looks like you do have an E.

12 hours ago, Simoz said:

Can you pls tell me how to proceed?

You should update to factory firmware version 64.62, or patched firmware version 264.62, both of which can be downloaded from this post. Firmware upload instructions are in that post as well.

Someone posted that factory firmware version 64.61 had fixed the 90 V problem. I'm sceptical, but you may care to try factory firmware version 64.62 (which should include any changes in 64.61, though I haven't checked) first.

On 2023/10/31 at 2:59 AM, Coulomb said:

you may care to try factory firmware version 64.62

Hello and thank you for your answer! I assume my chip is 2809 DSP. I'll try 64.62 as a first step...or maybe better 64.62 you've have recovered just like I've read somewhere here? I'll let you know about the result. Thanks