Hubble am2 firmware update

Nicholas Strachan

Well its all self service with hubble as we know so I ordered the correct cable( from solar assist) to connect to my laptop and am2, received a link from hubble tech and did a firmware update on 3 batteries last night.I was told to run them down individually to about 20% soc which I did  but it took a lot of work switching on and using stuff I didnt need.

NONE of the distributors in DBN had a R500 cable to come and help me out but anyway if anyone in the Dbn area needs an update I have the cable and the latest firmware on my laptop.

I am tech savvy but if one wasnt then you would struggle to do this.

Shout if anyone needs an update

Edited by Nicholas Strachan

Hi Nicholas,

I would be grateful if you could send me the latest firmware. I am adding another AM2 and would like to make sure that the FW on both is the same.

Do you have a PDF on the upgrade procedure? Is there a USB to RJ cable that you know of. I don't have RS232 anymore.

Regards,

John

On 2023/05/09 at 7:54 AM, Nicholas Strachan said:

Well its all self service with hubble as we know so I ordered the correct cable( from solar assist) to connect to my laptop and am2, received a link from hubble tech and did a firmware update on 3 batteries last night.I was told to run them down individually to about 20% soc which I did  but it took a lot of work switching on and using stuff I didnt need.

NONE of the distributors in DBN had a R500 cable to come and help me out but anyway if anyone in the Dbn area needs an update I have the cable and the latest firmware on my laptop.

I am tech savvy but if one wasnt then you would struggle to do this.

Shout if anyone needs an update

Hi

What's the latest FW version numbers? 

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm struggling to get my AM2 to work as it keeps on clicking even after updating the firmware to version 4.5. The solid alarm light comes on after updating if the batteries are still connected to the inverter which is a Growatt 5000ES with firmware 0.67.01/0.68.1

The firmware update files were received from Hubble CPT and only the 4.5 version worked as the 2 others gave a bin error. Updating without the batteries connected also succeeds but the moment the batteries are conected to the inverter, the battery relays clicks. The inverter worked fine until this week. Protocol is set on L52 and batteries are 52.7v. When the clicking happens, the battery flashes on the growatt until the battery alarm light goes not. I'm unable to cycle the battery as the inverter keeps restarting due to the battery relay clicking. 

Hubble advised that new firmware would disable the relay but it doesnt seem to have worked for me. I also bought the correct RS232 cable from Hubble to do the update.

I would appreciate any assistance.