F08 error inverter Kodac OGS5.6

Lorrainec

Hello

I recently had a hubble battery and Kodac OGS 5.6 inverter installed (the model with the big round LED screen). Occasionally, when the battery reaches fully charged state, the Inverter seems to trip and everything in house goes down for about 30sec and then recovers. I managed to catch the error on my inverter yesterday: F08 which the manual says is 'Bus voltage is too high'.  I don't have solar, just mains recharge.  It happens randomly, during day / night with different appliances and plugs in use at the time. Does anyone have any advice as to the cause?

I managed to install the WiFi App and I think my firmware was not updated by my installer. I am running Main CPU Firmware 52.02 and secondary CPU firmware 36.03. I think my installer forgot to update, but not certain. Could outdated firmware be the cause of the failure?

Thanks in Advance.

56 minutes ago, Lorrainec said:

Hello

I recently had a hubble battery and Kodac OGS 5.6 inverter installed (the model with the big round LED screen). Occasionally, when the battery reaches fully charged state, the Inverter seems to trip and everything in house goes down for about 30sec and then recovers. I managed to catch the error on my inverter yesterday: F08 which the manual says is 'Bus voltage is too high'.  I don't have solar, just mains recharge.  It happens randomly, during day / night with different appliances and plugs in use at the time. Does anyone have any advice as to the cause?

I managed to install the WiFi App and I think my firmware was not updated by my installer. I am running Main CPU Firmware 52.02 and secondary CPU firmware 36.03. I think my installer forgot to update, but not certain. Could outdated firmware be the cause of the failure?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @Lorrainec@Lorrainec I think @Coulomb might answer wether the firmware update may be important.

1 hour ago, Lorrainec said:

I am running Main CPU Firmware 52.02

Did you mean 56.02? I have no record of any Axpert MKS IV firmware that is 52.xx.

and secondary CPU firmware 36.03.

That seems up to date.

I think my installer forgot to update, but not certain.

Sadly, it's by no means certain or automatic that an installer would update the firmware unless he knows it's needed. In fact, you'd have to be pretty much on the ball to know what the latest firmware is, and to know where to find it.

6 hours ago, Lorrainec said:

Hello

Thanks in Advance.

Can you perhaps conform what your setting is for max AC Charge? Can I suggest setting it to 30A and checking if that maybe solves your problem?

Do you have comms between battery and inverter?

BTW I have the Mecer version of this inverter. Dont play with the firmware. I bricked mine but fortunately mustek reloaded the firmware for me.

Edited by Douw G. Gerber

17 hours ago, Douw G. Gerber said:

Can I suggest setting it to 30A and checking if that maybe solves your problem?

Hello @Douw G. Gerber thank you for this input. I checked and it does look like it is set.with 30A. This is what it shows in Watchpower. Is there somewhere else I should double check this?

Screenshot_20230515_153436_WatchPower.jpg

22 hours ago, Lorrainec said:

See screenshot.  Is there another place I should be checking to see this?

That's fine. I was hoping that it was a typo. I've not seen a firmware update with that version number, except very old (2013) Axpert MKS 1 firmware. So unfortunately there isn't a readily available firmware update that you could download and try out. 

2 hours ago, Lorrainec said:

Hello @Douw G. Gerber thank you for this input. I checked and it does look like it is set.with 30A. This is what it shows in Watchpower. Is there somewhere else I should double check this?

Screenshot_20230515_153436_WatchPower.jpg

Hi there Lorraine.

My mate had a Mecer unit that also did this and was sorted by setting the battery to USR (setting 05) and setting the battery parameters manually - this was a Dyness battery.

It's worth a try - can you perhaps share the exact model  Hubble battery you have so we can give you the settings.

Please confirm what your setting 05 is at the moment.

Edited by Douw G. Gerber