Synapse (Voltronic/Axpert) battery voltage calibration - help?

jbroo

36 minutes ago, jbroo said:

I'm fairly handy with a soldering iron and a resistor chart so if I can figure out where these are, I will change them, provided they are indeed the culprits.

They are usually pretty obvious, as they will often be a pair of 3-6 (often 4) medium sized SMD resistors in series, with the ends kept close together (so they get affected about the same by noise), and often they are covered in "silk screen" (I doubt that silk is actually used any more):

image.thumb.jpeg.873c59f2fe390dad42fea06ceb3a6647.jpeg

Note the battery fuse nearby (they look different these days, sometimes just necks of metal), and near the battery terminals. These have 1004 marking (1.00 MΩ each), more commonly they are in the high hundreds of kilo-ohms.

With your wildly varying results, I think it's worth checking these first. Test with heat and cold, as well as gentle pressure on the PCB.

24 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

Test with heat and cold, as well as gentle pressure on the PCB.

Thanks! It could indeed just be cold solder joints in need of a re-flow.

Update: It was somewhat accurate in the beginning, but it keeps drifting further with each day...

image.png.66bbc0ce2cbf49789203769456d3c713.png

Note the battery overvoltage fault. SCC voltage remains accurate.