Cheap longi solar panels from leroy merlin

Eugenevz

8 minutes ago, Eugenevz said:

Has anyone bought the longi solar panels from leroy merlin, they are a fair amount cheaper than anywhere else at R1999 a panel, trying to figure out if this is a bargain or a possible scam

https://leroymerlin.co.za/longi-solar-panel-mono-555w-81482623

Leroy Merlin is typically reputable, this is excellent pricing if legit.

Looks like the datasheet is likely this one (555M)? The 'Questions' section has some of the specs listed.

Edited by JayMardern

So the Leroy Merlin website states that it is from a 3rd party supplier so there is the chance of a fake panel but I think it is unlikely (but not impossible).

I have been eyeing them as well and seriously considering purchasing some additional panels and with the crappy weather we've been experiencing in JHB this week I am leaning more towards purchasing additional panels to help boost my production and I am sure I will not regret that decision come winter.

45 minutes ago, Eugenevz said:

trying to figure out if this is a bargain

Inverter Warehouse also has 555W panels on special. There have been quite a few bargains lately on the ~550Wp range.
https://www.inverter-warehouse.co.za/products/jinko-solar-panel-tiger-555w-mono-facial

@PsyCLownhow long have you had your Svolt batteries for and what has your user experience been so far?

1 hour ago, zsde said:

Inverter Warehouse also has 555W panels on special. There have been quite a few bargains lately on the ~550Wp range.
https://www.inverter-warehouse.co.za/products/jinko-solar-panel-tiger-555w-mono-facial

@PsyCLownhow long have you had your Svolt batteries for and what has your user experience been so far?

I was initially eyeing these Jinko panels and they'd match my current Jinko panels but for an extra R250 per panel plus R600 delivery from SIW I think the Longi panels make more sense?

If I were to get 6 panels I'd be saving R1500 on the panels and some additional savings on the shipping. So almost get an additional panel with the cost savings.

I have only had the Svolt batteries for around a month, so far they are performing well -  it uses the Pace BMS which is used in many other commercial batteries (Hubble, Revov, Greenrich etc.)

My one battery seems to have one cell which has a much lower voltage compared to the rest of the pack - I have been talking to Svolt support and at this stage it sounds as if they will be giving me a brand new battery because of this. Comms with these batteries is simple as well as running multiple batteries in parallel but this is generally the case for most batteries.
I would not hesitate to buy more of these Svolt batteries, I wish they had some larger ones (150AH or 200AH).

@zsde So regarding my statement above, the BMS actually seems to be balancing the cells and cell 1 is no longer as imbalanced as it was when I checked on Sunday and my other 2 batteries are pretty well balanced.

The below was battery #2 on Sunday

image.png.e6785e13238046fea2cebedc61e00dd0.png

This is Battery #2 today

image.png.775346fa01f6a6a938410ec0633b2096.png

For comparison, below is battery #1

image.png.6e6a2cc72c1cdd2ad1d668ba13d163f1.png

Here is battery #3:

image.png.e250afedfbfd475994455eeb3722472e.png

I do plan on doing a review on these batteries when I have a bit of time.

I know this is a bit off topic, but did not want to leave my previous statement there as that is no longer the case - I will continue to monitor it though and ensure it does balance the cells fully and properly.