Jet-air aircon, JASA, Tuya, & Home assistant integration

BobTheDinosaur

I've got 2 Jet-air aircons that work great with the JASA app, full functionality incl a "mute" fan speed mode that isn't on the IR remote.

Have read on here that to pull these into HA I need to first link them to the Tuya app, which I did - also appear to have full functionality on there.
Then used the Tuya integration to pull the devices and their entities into HA using the Tuya IoT platform.

Now when I access the climate entity for the one aircon I can either get a thermostat card or an entity card that opens the same thermostat but with different features, which is weird.

Problem is firstly that the fan speed setting does nothing in HA (works in Tuya app).
Second problem is that the two aircons, that are identical AFAIK, unless they have diff firmware, don't pull through the same features.
So the one has a feature in HA called "swing_mode" that only shows up in its yaml code and not the other unit's. This is the swing feature that both units do have on their remotes and in the Tuya and JASA apps. I've just included screenshots of the one unit's code for now, just want to get fan speed selection working first.

I went into the Tuya IoT platform to see what I could see but I'm lost, screenshots for reference. 
The IoT platform "send instructions" feature did work, for fan speeds as well.

Any ideas welcome!

thermos.JPG

developer tools.JPG

device debug.JPG

fan modes.JPG

This has been a known issue on that integration for sometime. I have the same aircons and use the same integration to bring them into HA and have the same results - for over 2 years now. Haven't had the time / inclination to log a bug around this but perhaps together we can try this?

17 minutes ago, mzezman said:

This has been a known issue on that integration for sometime. I have the same aircons and use the same integration to bring them into HA and have the same results - for over 2 years now. Haven't had the time / inclination to log a bug around this but perhaps together we can try this?

Defos. Where does one log bugs? I'm still an HA noob. 

• 1 month later...
On 2023/10/20 at 1:03 AM, BobTheDinosaur said:

I've got 2 Jet-air aircons that work great with the JASA app, full functionality incl a "mute" fan speed mode that isn't on the IR remote.

Have read on here that to pull these into HA I need to first link them to the Tuya app, which I did - also appear to have full functionality on there.
Then used the Tuya integration to pull the devices and their entities into HA using the Tuya IoT platform.

Now when I access the climate entity for the one aircon I can either get a thermostat card or an entity card that opens the same thermostat but with different features, which is weird.

Problem is firstly that the fan speed setting does nothing in HA (works in Tuya app).
Second problem is that the two aircons, that are identical AFAIK, unless they have diff firmware, don't pull through the same features.
So the one has a feature in HA called "swing_mode" that only shows up in its yaml code and not the other unit's. This is the swing feature that both units do have on their remotes and in the Tuya and JASA apps. I've just included screenshots of the one unit's code for now, just want to get fan speed selection working first.

I went into the Tuya IoT platform to see what I could see but I'm lost, screenshots for reference. 
The IoT platform "send instructions" feature did work, for fan speeds as well.

Any ideas welcome!

thermos.JPG

developer tools.JPG

device debug.JPG

fan modes.JPG

Hi @BobTheDinosaur how did you link the JaSA Aircon to the tuya app ?

10 hours ago, SeaSickMama said:

Hi @BobTheDinosaur how did you link the JaSA Aircon to the tuya app ?

You have to put the aircon into pairing mode, i think you press the "health" button on the IR remote 8 times, or 10 times, it beeps twice or so after you've done it correctly. Then you add the device in the tuya app using AP (access point) mode - that means you connect to a wifi hotspot that the aircon makes for the setup. the rest is automatic.