Solis s6 pro smart port

Sam79

Hi guys, 

I have a grid feed and back up feed

Grid has nonessential curcuits

Back up has essential 

But in reading about the Gen port being able to be used as a smart port that can be disabled by battery soc. I'm interested in moving non essential to this smart port, as currently it's able to drain my battery with the nonessential loads. The battery reserve function seems to control both non essential and back up feeds so hence liking at the smart port solution... 

Do I need to run a 3rd cable to dB from the Gen port or can I just transfer the "grid" connection across to the Gen connection? 

Edited by Sam79
Update

For Smart Port you’d treat it as a relay-separated extension of the backed-up portion - and move select larger-load  DB circuits to that port from your board; similar to how you’ve already wired the Backed-Up circuits. Get an electrician to handle it.

Because it contributes to the maximum load the inverter can handle (eg. 6kW for the S6 Pro 6kW), it makes sense to be a bit selective of what goes on there to keep Backed-Up-Load + Smart Port under the limit at all times. 

I don't understand the purpose of the non essential side if it will still run from the battery overnight if the grid is still present. Just kills the battery. I guess the time of use could deal with it but with TOU settings not related to SOC means I could be wasting free power.. 

It's seems such a shame there isn't a setting, (unless I'm missing something) to disable export to non essential loads when pv isn't available or battery is under a soc % kind of like the way the smart port is setup... 

This is something the competition seems to have got right.. Hopefully Solis will be able to pick up on this and develop a setting it deal with this... 🤞

Post in this thread and see if an owner can help you with how the inverter handles non-essentials:

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/20491-solis-s6-pro-hybrid-inverter-review/

I see there’s also a bit of discussion about the Smart Port there too.

10 minutes ago, Sam79 said:

I don't understand the purpose of the non essential side if it will still run from the battery overnight if the grid is still present. Just kills the battery. I guess the time of use could deal with it but with TOU settings not related to SOC means I could be wasting free power.. 

It's seems such a shame there isn't a setting, (unless I'm missing something) to disable export to non essential loads when pv isn't available or battery is under a soc % kind of like the way the smart port is setup... 

This is something the competition seems to have got right.. Hopefully Solis will be able to pick up on this and develop a setting it deal with this... 🤞