Proof of Qualified Wireman or Electrician - Warranty Requirement

Morena

I'm ready to install solar panels and I will either go with my current Luxpower SNA5000 inverter and Hubble AM-2 battery or decide to go with the Sunsynk once I'm satisfied that it is worth the money. The warranty requirement for Sunsynk states that there must be Proof of Qualified Wireman or Electrician installing the unit. How do you guys ensure that your electrician is qualified (what do you ask for) and how do you go about searching for them. I stay in Florida Glen and my internet requests have not been replied by the big companies.

Edited by Morena

31 minutes ago, Morena said:

I'm ready to install solar panels and I will either go with my current Luxpower SNA5000 inverter and Hubble AM-2 battery or decide to go with the Sunsynk once I'm satisfied that it is worth the money. The warranty requirement for Sunsynk states that there must be Proof of Qualified Wireman or Electrician installing the unit. How do you guys ensure that your electrician is qualified (what do you ask for) and how do you go about searching for them. I stay in Florida Glen and my internet requests have not been replied by the big companies.

Membership card must be provided to indicate the level of professional status as electrical guy. 

Cards are of different colours. 

@Morena,

I would also suggest go the the Sunsynk website, there is a list of who is registered in South Africa to install their product. But even so, get references, as you get installers, and then you get installers- certified, but don't really know/understand all the modern Hybrid stuff, like settings/battery comms etc. Good sparkies, though.

When you after the first week of missing loadshedding, you wake up to a Low DC voltage alarm and no power :-(😢

29 minutes ago, Scorp007 said:

Membership card must be provided to indicate the level of professional status as electrical guy. 

Cards are of different colours. 

Thank you very much. I will try to put a list of the things to validate because the last thing is to invest in a costly system only to have warranty invalidated because of installer qualifications.

30 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

@Morena,

I would also suggest go the the Sunsynk website, there is a list of who is registered in South Africa to install their product. But even so, get references, as you get installers, and then you get installers- certified, but don't really know/understand all the modern Hybrid stuff, like settings/battery comms etc. Good sparkies, though.

When you after the first week of missing loadshedding, you wake up to a Low DC voltage alarm and no power 😞😢

Thank you very much. I will certainly do. I need to protect this investment as much as possible.

On 2024/02/29 at 10:15 PM, Scorp007 said:

Copied from a previous topic. 

IMG_20240229_221504.thumb.jpg.9e54be5b9b184da4d35e2487df9c73de.jpg

I'm so grateful for all that you share with us on this platform. I have found a lot of value from your insights.