Axpert software update

George

Good day, i need some help with my Axpert ( mecer) 5kva inverters please. The change over between escom and panels or batteries has become slow. So much so that the lights switch on and of during change overs. I read that the inverters can be updated, but no idea how to do it. I have got a serial cable and Watchpower on my laptop.

Thanks George

6 hours ago, George said:

The change over between escom and panels or batteries has become slow. So much so that the lights switch on and of during change overs. I read that the inverters can be updated, but no idea how to do it.

That doesn't sound to me like the sort of thing that updating the firmware can fix.

But if you want to try, start with Can I update my firmware, and If so, to what? That will hopefully tell you if can update at all, and what version you need. So then you need the appropriate update files, which you get from the PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters index post. These will have links to the Firmware Update Instructions (ignore the files there, they are very old). If you want factory firmware as opposed to patched firmware, choose a patched firmware file, unzip it, delete file dsp.hex, and rename the file with the name like dsp_original_73.00.hex to dsp.hex. It probably sounds daunting at first, but it's not too bad once you get started.