Fluctuating water temperature - Gas Geyser.

Jaco-S

Hi everyone

We recently bought a house that has all gas geysers / water heaters and there is an inconsistency with the hot water flow.Β 

𝗧𝗡𝗲 π˜€π˜†π˜€π˜π—²π—Ί

Medium size gas heater, set to 65 degree celcius

two x 19kg gas bottels: Switching between the two as the pressure decreases.Β 

Copper pipes to the showers, baths and basins.Β 

Mixer taps

𝗧𝗡𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺

I will open the mixer taps until there is hot water, then slightly adjust the tap to the desired water temperature.

Thereafter, the water will get very hot as if the cold water stops flowing.

It will be like this for about two minutes then return to the initial mixed temperature.Β 

After about 5 minutes, the water will become cold and this lasts about another 3 - 5 minutes.Β 

I will close the tap completely, then open it again and only thereafter the hot water returns but only to start the entireΒ  cycle again.

This happens every time regardless if I replace the gas bottles, replace the batteries or adjust the temperature on the geyser.Β 

I need to add, I have zero experience with these types of systems.Β 

Can any of you gas-system-brainiacs steer me in the right direction?

Β 

Speculating here, but that may be your temperature regulation valve/circuit of your gas geyser itself that may be faulty, i.e. the temp probe or sensors could be defective or an internal mixing/regulating valve.
Alternatively, is it possible that your mixer taps may be interfering with the water temp regulation of the geyser where changing water pressure between cold and hot created by the mixer tap possibly affects the geysers internal temperature regulation?
Maybe check with the Geyser manufacturer/supplier what the possible cause could be.

Β