Pool Heating Collectors for Geyser

Hi,

I bought a new place and moving soon. The new house has three collectors on the roof that was used to heat the swimming pool. This has since been filled up, but the collectors/panels remain, not sure what other components, if any.

Would it be possible to use these panels (or one of them) to heat my geyser after adding the required bits and bobs? In my current house I have a GeyserWize setup with a single panel and a 12v circulation pump, and it works extremely well (150l geyser converted). The plan was always to do the same in the new place, and if I can get away without having to buy absolutely everything, that's a bonus.

TIA

Edited by SebastiaanR

If it is a low pressure geyser, then possibly, but I'm sure high pressure municipal water will pop those rubber collectors (I assume that is what you are talking about). The pool pump pushes water into them and it largely flows back under gravity, depending on how they are configured.

Edited by DeepBass9

HI Sebastiaan 

This will not really work, apart from pressure popping rubber connectors, the moment there is wind/clouds teh plastic tubes cool immediately resulting in a cooling of effect on a water in geyser. The reason why water solar collectors have glass on is the have the greehosue effect and preserve heat inside box..

Suggest buy a 2 m2 flat plate collector , or look for a used collector

Regards 

C