Venus GX Compatibility The Multi

Energy-Jason

Hi Guys. Hope all is well.

I was wondering if the Venus GX was compatible with the Victron Multi 48/1200/13-16 1000W Inverter/Charger . We would like it to talk to the Pylon US3000B. The loads in our Fiber -WIFI hut is only 250W. We require long backup times with limited space. I am opting for the small multi as it has 13A charger and is the smallest I could find. Just need the Multi to speak to the Pylon. Hope you can help.

Thanks so much all!

Sincerely

Jason

14 minutes ago, Energy said:

Hi Guys. Hope all is well.

... iif the Venus GX was compatible with the Victron Multi 48/1200/13-16 1000W Inverter/Charger.

Yes - unless @plonkster says otherwise. 🙂 

16 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Yes - unless @plonkster says otherwise. 🙂  

That's a VE.Direct inverter. So it is partly supported. See #365 which I closed rather recently, but which is not in an official release yet, and then also see #433 which is still open and might be more bothersome to people. One of the things I have to do TODAY is to check that the VRM side works.

So it is a bit of a qualified yes. Does it work? Probably. Should it? Yes!

1 hour ago, Energy said:

What would be the smallest multi that supports the Venus.

Hang on! I'm confusing things here. You have a Multi (Inverter/Charger). The "bugs" I quoted relate to the Phoenix. The one you have is this one?

That has a VE.Bus port. It should work just fine.

Even if it doesn't, at 13A you are unlikely to do much damage to a Pylontech battery, and you can also wire the dry contacts on the battery to the remote switch on the Multi, though don't ask me toom uch about that!

🙂

Thanks Gentleman.

This is what I have. As attached. I would be changing the multi to the 1200W unit . If I recall it charges at 13A. And also wanting to upgrade the pylontech to a US3000B. Now! To add a component to have it email grid failure and battery V! As attachment.

Sincerely

JasonSmartSelect_20190327-182901_Chrome.jpg.6d92bd9eae4d7cffde51e5ac08501a99.jpg