Axpert MKS 2kVA Plus 24V Firmware Update

20VT

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, r0cket_b0y1 said:

What are the improvements  / bug fixes ? 

Voltronic firmware usually doesn't come with any sort of release notes. I don't even recall where I found this one; it's a rare one that I found and didn't even disassemble immediately. For technical reasons, these 8-bit firmwares are a lot of work to compare, and my brain doesn't visualise dynamically changing stack variables very well, so it's hard going reading the code at the best of times. So sorry: I just don't know.

8 hours ago, r0cket_b0y1 said:

how can i check my current firmware version ?

Assuming it's a genuine Voltronic inverter (not a clone), there are two main ways:

1) On the front panel of the inverter, press the up or down button until you see a data "page" with "U1" at the left. Then the middle and right digit pairs give the firmware version. For example, U1 02 13 means main firmware version 02.13.

2) Use monitoring software such as Watchpower (free) or ICC, Solar Assistant, etc (mostly not free). Somewhere they will give the firmware version number(s).

If you are able to send commands with CRCs (somewhat advanced), you can send the VERFW command. It should return with a string like "(VERFW:0002.13".

The 02.xx firmware series for lower power Axpert MKS models works on a variety of different power models, as indicated in the download description. One of these is 1600/2000/24 (1600 W / 2000 VA / 24 V nominal battery voltage), which is presumably the model you are referring to. As long as the existing firmware is version 02.xx, you should be able to update to 02.54 on that model as well.

There are other 02.xx firmwares, e.g. some removable displays, e.g. the display firmware for King 1 and VM III, so don't confuse these.

Edited by Coulomb

Hi Coulomb, would this work on my SOL-1-AX3MPlus48 with software version 02.51?  Also how does one connect to the axpert.  It doesn't have a serial port like the 5Kva, just that port that looks like a printer type.  Is this where I connect using the supplied cable.  Thanks for your input.

31 minutes ago, dax021 said:

would this work on my SOL-1-AX3MPlus48 with software version 02.51?

I would assume so.

31 minutes ago, dax021 said:

Also how does one connect to the axpert.  It doesn't have a serial port

Yes, you use the USB port. Most other reflash tools can't use the USB port, but those models that don't have an RS-232 port come with a reflash tool that does talk to the USB port somehow.

10 minutes ago, r0cket_b0y1 said:

You dont perhaps know what the modbus addresses are from the inverter? 

It doesn't seem to use modbus; RS-485 is used as just a serial port. Edit: On those models that have an RS-485 port for talking to battery BMSs, e.g. those with a removable display.

Edited by Coulomb

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

I would assume so.

Yes, you use the USB port. Most other reflash tools can't use the USB port, but those models that don't have an RS-232 port come with a reflash tool that does talk to the USB port somehow.

Thanks Coulomb, appreciated