Victron Easysolar Parallel Setup

Mr T.

Good day all

I have two Easysolar inverters that I want to set up in parallel. I do know that they are actually two multiplus inverters but I would appreciate some clarity on certain things.

The two inverters each have their own colour controller and I would like to know if I must leave both connected via their respective RJ45 ports on the inverters or must I unplug the slave's colour controller once set up in parallel configuration ?

Your advice and wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and regards.

Thanks Jaco

I also believed that this is the way to go. Now I have a problem!! I have a colour controller spare at more than R8,000 (ouch!!!)

I take it that I would connect the slave's MPPT CC via ve.direct cable to the 2nd ve.direct port in the Master inverters CCGX also.

1 hour ago, Mr T. said:

Now I have a problem!! I have a colour controller spare at more than R8,000 (ouch!!!)

You can always advertise it in the Classifieds.

54 minutes ago, Mr T. said:

I take it that I would connect the slave's MPPT CC via ve.direct cable to the 2nd ve.direct port in the Master inverters CCGX also.

Yes, that is correct. 

Sorry for the questions one at a time but they come to me as I ponder the job ahead. Is it really very critical that my AC inlet and outlet cable lengths be exactly the same length for a two unit parallel system? My two easysolar units are only about 320 mm apart measuring from the inlet and outlet circuit breakers respectively.

43 minutes ago, Mr T. said:

Sorry for the questions one at a time but they come to me as I ponder the job ahead.

No Problem At all, please ask away. 

44 minutes ago, Mr T. said:

Is it really very critical that my AC inlet and outlet cable lengths be exactly the same length for a two unit parallel system? My two easysolar units are only about 320 mm apart measuring from the inlet and outlet circuit breakers respectively

On the AC side that distance will have no effect.  

I am a bit confused about this. From what I can understand from Victron's notes on parallel operation of inverters, the AC inlet and outlet wire lengths must be of the same length just the same as for the DC side. According to the notes, a small difference in wire resistance due to unequal lengths can result in one inverter delivering twice as much amps as the other. Am I understanding their document correctly or not? I have always been under the impression that only the DC side of the installation must have equal lengths of conductor wiring. This is the confusing part for me.

1 hour ago, Mr T. said:

From what I can understand from Victron's notes on parallel operation of inverters, the AC inlet and outlet wire lengths must be of the same length just the same

To have peace of mind, make the wires exactly the same, then fold back that extra 300 mm for the inverter closest to the DB just back into the trunking and leave it there. 

I see what you are referring to and its used in an different context. This is a warning in totally over designing the AC cabling.

2051245285_OverDimention.thumb.png.516fc1e66b764284d9075c45f0e8a9ca.png