[WANTED] Cheap working PWM Solar Charge Controllers

KLEVA

Hi All

I am finding constant uses for these basic charge controllers (under 10A), the kind you used to pick up for about R300, but now seem to be coming in at nearly R650. If anyone in the Durban"ish" area has any of these lying around that they want to get rid of, please let me know. I use these on all sorts of basic projects for personal use and have run out of units. Still have small panels and batteries that I am redeploying, but my small dinghy and my basic vehicle battery charger units have had to be "stolen" for other uses, so really need a few more but don't want to spend more than a new unit.

Regards
KLEVA

5 hours ago, KLEVA said:

Hi All

I am finding constant uses for these basic charge controllers (under 10A), the kind you used to pick up for about R300, but now seem to be coming in at nearly R650. If anyone in the Durban"ish" area has any of these lying around that they want to get rid of, please let me know. I use these on all sorts of basic projects for personal use and have run out of units. Still have small panels and batteries that I am redeploying, but my small dinghy and my basic vehicle battery charger units have had to be "stolen" for other uses, so really need a few more but don't want to spend more than a new unit.

Regards
KLEVA

Hi Also try SETSOLAR in Cape Town. I believe they have for +-R100

@Jaco Venter & @Franklin.

Many thanks for those suggestions, will investigate them both.

[UPDATE] SETSOLAR don't have an online store, and the shipping from Cape Town to Durban would cost more than new local. PiStore currently only have the one mentioned in stock, but on investigation the description is misleading... It is only a 5A at 12V, and the input is limited to 60W. Most of my available panels are 100W so this doesn't fit the bill. Thanks though for keeping an eye out.

Might still but one of those PiShop units though for the Dinghy.

Edited by KLEVA
UPDATE

@Dex_ - Thank you. My Takealot wishlist already has a few selections like this at similar prices, have already tried 1 of their 10A units and the quality was rubbish for the R 350 price tag. Popped the moment I tried to give it anything over 7A. So I have to use bigger if going the Chinese route. Might be willing to test the Electroman unit, but again delivery cost puts it out of viable price range again for a small unit.

@Jaco Venter - I have placed a single order for that PiShop unit... Lets see how it performs...

I am just looking for units that may be unused by forum members "nearish" Durban, that they may be willing to part with. Buying brand new untested units for these purposes is just a waste of money. I can even use old 20A or 30A units and do swap outs with existing kit. Even older PWM stuff that might be sitting in a shed somewhere - he he.