How do I prevent over discharge

Donwil

I'm building a cheap solar system for the house. Chinese El cheapo components...and saving for a proper installation in the interim.

I please need advice on how to prevent my batteries from being over discharged. 

My plan is to connect the inverter directly to the batteries as I'm not sure if I connect it to the charge controller it will be able to handle the required amps required by the load.

My question is,. How do I prevent the batteries from being over discharged? Is there something I can put in between the batteries and the inverter that disconnects the load once the batteries dip below a certain voltage?

14 hours ago, Donwil said:

My plan is to connect the inverter directly to the batteries as I'm not sure if I connect it to the charge controller it will be able to handle the required amps required by the load.

My question is,. How do I prevent the batteries from being over discharged? Is there something I can put in between the batteries and the inverter that disconnects the load once the batteries dip below a certain voltage?

The inverter will disconnect the batteries when they are fully discharged. 

So the inverter shuts down when battery voltage goes lower than a cutoff voltage