Axpert MKS 3kva 24v plus: utility charging current not displayed

JHenry

Hello all,

Please need help. I just realize that my inverter when charging using utility source, the charging current does not display on the LCD and on WatchPower software. On  PV source, it does display charging current.  Any reason for this?

4 hours ago, JHenry said:

On  PV source, it does display charging current.  Any reason for this?

Huh. I'm used to patched firmware (I'm a co-author of the patches), where discharge and charge current are combined into one display, with a minus sign if it's discharging. That still doesn't show the contribution purely from utility charging, but with low loads, but as utility charging starts ramping up you see the battery load reduce and go positive (if utility charge current is higher than that needed to supply the load).

I guess they figured the displays are cluttered enough already, and they haven't yet copied our AussieView™ innovation of cycling the left and right information displays independently. That way, we provide more information (e.g. this combined charge/discharge current, inverter temperature) with fewer button presses. Maybe they'll catch up one day. Our patch software is free, and the trademark thing ("™") is purely tongue in cheek.

Alas, there is no patched 24 V firmware.

19 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Huh. I'm used to patched firmware (I'm a co-author of the patches), where discharge and charge current are combined into one display, with a minus sign if it's discharging. That still doesn't show the contribution purely from utility charging, but with low loads, but as utility charging starts ramping up you see the battery load reduce and go positive (if utility charge current is higher than that needed to supply the load).

I guess they figured the displays are cluttered enough already, and they haven't yet copied our AussieView™ innovation of cycling the left and right information displays independently. That way, we provide more information (e.g. this combined charge/discharge current, inverter temperature) with fewer button presses. Maybe they'll catch up one day. Our patch software is free, and the trademark thing ("™") is purely tongue in cheek.

Alas, there is no patched 24 V firmware.

Thanks for your reply. Sad to know that there is no 24v patched firmware. But please any advice to around this parameter deficiency? At least I should know what's going into my battery when inverter is on utility mode

4 hours ago, JHenry said:

But please any advice to around this parameter deficiency?

There is a field in the QPIGS and QPGS commands (general status query) that contains the battery charging current. Perhaps better (perhaps even your own) monitoring software might be able to display this. Maybe it's in WatchPower and you haven't found it yet. Maybe ICC can display this.