Tripping of Goodwe Inverter

Johan Gericke

Hi All. I just installed a Goodwe Hybrid inverter with solar array. Its a grid tied system for now.

Started all up and no faults shown and everything works well.

My lights and plugs are connected to back up from the inverter and only my geyser and Kitchen appliances (fridge, washing machine, microwave, kettle) connected to the grid.

What does happen more often than not is that when my solar array produce more power than what I can consume/use, it pushes the excess power to the grid and then trips the Goodwe inverter from the grid. The restart of the grid takes about 15 seconds. This whole process repeats itself randomly.

I am not selling to the grid.

Is there anyone that can be of assistance in this matter please?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not actually sure. Perhaps give Goodwe support a call on 060 719 2956. I know I usually have to try a few times to get my inverter to "take" a settings change. Usually, when I change from exporting to not exporting, the whole system shutdowns for like 20 seconds. It also seems to work better if I change it from a direct wifi connection to the inverter instead of via my home wifi.

1 hour ago, Johan Gericke said:

I have read on the website to do  that and have done it, but with no luck.

are you sure it is the inverter and not your prepaid meter tripping? Some prepaid meters trip even if the inverter has been set to zero export.