Jinko Solar

Querobin

Hi All,

Greetings!

We have a solar project here in the Philippines, we used Jinko panels 335W which is less than a year installed in about 10 degrees inclination and has accumulated black smudge that looks like residue on the lower edge of the panels but did not penetrated the inside of the module (please see image below). We did a bit of rubbing with microfiber cloth, water and mild soap but can't take it out. The smudge disappears while the panel is wet, but is visible again after the panel has dried.

Please help us how can we eliminate this residue.

Appreciate answers.

Thanks,

Querobin 

Photo 2-17-20, 10 20 17 AM.jpg

4 hours ago, Querobin said:

Please help us how can we eliminate this residue.

Could it be simple mold, properly baked onto the surface? I've seen suggestions for adding a small amount of vinegar. You could probably also try a bit of rubbing alcohol. I'm totally guessing though.

20 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Could it be simple mold, properly baked onto the surface? I've seen suggestions for adding a small amount of vinegar. You could probably also try a bit of rubbing alcohol. I'm totally guessing though.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

12 minutes ago, Querobin said:

Can I ask how to avoid this molds? 

You can't. The spores arrive by wind and if anyone on the island has it, chances are tomorrow you will too. In some parts of the world it gets so bad that people use pressure washers to wash it off the roofs. But for solar panels, I suppose you just wash it and live with it.