Earth Leakage not working with 5KVA inverter

ZOL

Hi all the solar fundi's,

I discovered that the earth leakage connected to the feed from my Mecer SOL-I-AX-5M Inverter is not working correctly. Again the question arises: should the earth be kept separate from the neutral or not? If anybody can help with advice or a simple diagram, it will be highly appreciated.

27 minutes ago, ZOL said:

Again the question arises: should the earth be kept separate from the neutral or not?

After the Earth Leakage definitely not be connected at all. The only bond between Neutral and Earth should be on the supply side of your Home/Property. After that the only bonding that should happen is during a grid failure when a secondary device/relay bonds the Inverter output Neutral to Earth. That bond should be broken before the inverter re-connects to grid again, otherwise any earth leakage on the inverter input will trip. 

On ‎2020‎/‎04‎/‎09 at 10:10 PM, Jaco de Jongh said:

After that the only bonding that should happen is during a grid failure when a secondary device/relay bonds the Inverter output Neutral to Earth. That bond should be broken before the inverter re-connects to grid again, otherwise any earth leakage on the inverter input will trip. 

Jaco,

Do you have a diagram how to connect such a relay perhaps?