Mecer 5KVA, Pylontech Connection Question?

George Basson

Hi Guys,

I want to connect a remote panel to my Mecer 5Kva inverter connected to 3 Pylontech 2000B batteries.

I received the cables and a connection card (to swap) if required. 

The problem I have is the connection of the communication cable between the Batteries and the Inverter. 

There is no port to connect the cable for the remote Panel

Any Suggestions Pleas?

3 hours ago, George Basson said:

The problem I have is the connection of the communication cable between the Batteries and the Inverter.

You didn't say exactly what model inverter you have. Most models can't usefully connect from the inverter-charger directly to a Pylontech battery. If there is, it should be to an RS-485 port, not the RS-232 port. The remote display connects to the RS-232 port of the inverter, so there should be no conflict.

17 hours ago, Coulomb said:

You didn't say exactly what model inverter you have. Most models can't usefully connect from the inverter-charger directly to a Pylontech battery. If there is, it should be to an RS-485 port, not the RS-232 port. The remote display connects to the RS-232 port of the inverter, so there should be no conflict.

Coulomb,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I appreciate it sincerely.

I am working away from home. I'll give more info ASAP.  The PICs shows the cable from Batteries connected to inverter. Where can I connect the remote panel?

image.png

20200427_081231.jpg

1 hour ago, George Basson said:

Where can I connect the remote panel?

Exactly where that white cable is now. I'm pretty sure you get no benefit from the white cable; perhaps remove it and see if anything bad happens. All the Axperts use an RS-485 port to talk to the battery's BMS; that's an RS-232 port (similar, but not the same at all).

If somehow there is a use for it, you can plug an extension of that white cable into the "COM OUT" port of the remote panel. I realise that this is unlikely to be convenient. So hopefully you don't need that cable. From the photos, your inverter appears to be an Axpert MKS or an Axpert MKS II (obviously the Mecer equivalents, SOL-I-AX-5M/5P/5NB), none of which supports connecting directly to the BMS. My guess is that either the installer doesn't understand, or is trying to make the installation appear more impressive than it is.

21 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Thanks.

I'll try the options and reply ASAP.