Axpert 5kw Failure

Ryeman

On 2020/05/03 at 4:39 PM, Ryeman said:

I have an Axpert 5kw, bought from the forum, that has been working great for the last year.

For now, I have no solar panels connected only mains and 1 bank of 48v 180ah batteries

Today I had to do some  maintenance on the pool electric box (remove a Sonoff switch that failed) and accidentally switched off the axpert 220v feed trip switch,  immediate there was a beep (no other noise or burn) and the axpert then went into  a mode where it seems to switch off and tries to come on, brief flicker of display light and all three leds then cycles continue every 1 second seemingly to try and start up and fail.

There is no blown fuse, and the batteries are all balanced and charged (each being 13.3v)

When i disconnect the mains, and the battery it stops but as soon as I reconnect battery and switch on (with mains connected or not) it cycles again with loud relay clicking on and off.

I did open the unit to see if i could see anything fundamentally wrong /blown  but cannot see any issues.

Has anyone experienced this before  or is there any recommended repair shops that look at these in Centurion/Pretoria area  

Good day

Just wanted to know did you fix your Axpert 5kW unit?

Sitting same problem..

Thanks

7 hours ago, Ertjie said:

Hi AlexCape

Did you get your unit fixed? Sit with same problem of switching on and off every sec.

Can you advice me?

Thanks

Hi Ertjie. As it happened a friend of a friend who is a professional electronics technician, as well as a recluse, fixed it. He said there was a minor issue and replaced some small inexpensive components, sorry can't tell you more at this stage.

On 2021/10/15 at 4:31 PM, AlexCape said:

Hi Ertjie. As it happened a friend of a friend who is a professional electronics technician, as well as a recluse, fixed it. He said there was a minor issue and replaced some small inexpensive components, sorry can't tell you more at this stage.

Thanks AlexCape

Will you let me know maybe witch components he replace, if you can get hold of them?

1 hour ago, Ertjie said:

Thanks AlexCape

Will you let me know maybe witch components he replace, if you can get hold of them?

Hi AlexCape

Did found the problem and indeed it is few components that got damage. 

Battery switching power supply circuit diodes got damage.

Upload full repair manual of the 4 and 5kW unit.

Copy_of_PIP-HS_MS_4-5KVA_new_Service_manual_201506A.pdf

• 5 months later...

I've got the 7.2kw king.  Was painting and wife swithed lights on causing a trip. When I switched power back on, noticed no change. That evening started hearing battery low beeps. When batter ran flat, total darkness. Inverter switched itself off and wouldn't come back on.

Next day checked grid power ay connection - was fine. Switched to inverter power as sun was shining. When I switched the battery on  inverter powered up. 

Now running fine, but display is not showing the grid input dignal, which means it is only running off solar and battery and will die again at night.

Is there something simple that could be preventing it from converting the ESKOM power?

Oh yes, when going into settings, it kicks out an error U01 for three seconds and then goes back to standard display.