Inverter and SANS 62040 standards

Johan Grobler

That's the local version of IEC62040, which is compliance tests for UPSes.

As far as I know the Axpert inverters only have the "CE" mark, which is self-certification and some have jokingly said it's an abbreviation for "China Export". They have no other official certifications.

Follow up: What is interesting is that if you google for IEC 62040 and Voltronic, it seems they do make some UPSes with that certification, and they also have the testing facilities to test for it. But unless, something changed, the last I remember of this is when former forum member TTT emailed them to ask and they admitted that "CE" is all they have.

2 hours ago, Johan Grobler said:

Ok, so this then mean that my UPS will not make the cut for certification by the COCT?

I know there are people who have them signed off. I don't know how they did it... I've never known, nobody has ever given a definitive answer... if the letter of the law was followed these inverters would not be installed for anything other than off-grid setups.

But, as also pointed out frequently, in Australia it is perfectly legal, approved and everything. But that might be because someone (Giant Power I believe) did the legwork.