Paulbloggs

Victron Multiplus Overload

Morning,

My Victron Multiplus was sent to Current Automation for repair a few years ago (for the very same reason as far as I can remember) and since it has come back it has this overload problem. At first it would happen very occasionally - it would run for weeks, months and then happen. But recently it has been happening more often and now it will not start at all.

Any ideas what is the fault? All the outputs have been disconnected. No load battery voltage is 55V according to the Outback charger.

Regards 

Paul

20200702_154834.mkv

If it is still under warranty, it should be repaired again or possibly be replaced. Talk to Current Automation and if necessary, involve one of the sales managers. Their addresses can be found on the Victron website.

Way past the warranty I am sure. I think it was bought in 2011 and repaired about 3 years ago.

With the current lockdown situation and being self employed I need a cheap fix. And we all know that Victron is not cheap!!
I have 2 of their MPPT chargers which have packed up and this Multiplus as well. So not a big fan at the moment.

Current Automation have informed me that it is too old and they cannot get spares.
Is there anyone else who can repair these things? The components should be freely available?

It would be a waste to throw this massive chunk of technology away.