Mr

JimmyM

I realize this discussion is mainly for DIY enthusiasts but I'm in the process of getting a contractor to install a solar power system for me. I have no knowledge of solar systems and need some advice. I obtained 6 quotes and with one exception, all recommended one of the voltronic range of inverters Axpert, Kodak, etc). The guy with a three week waiting list, recommends the 5 kw Infini inverter and 7kWh lithium batteries. He has been in business for 14 years. Unfortunately in addition to my limited knowledge, money is also a problem. I'm not able to install a system myself so I must use a contractor. Would it be wiser to use an Axpert or similar or would the Infini be OK?

I have prepaid electricity and use an average of 400 units a month. The main aim is to save on my electricity bill but also to be able to run my fridge/freezer, TV and a light or two at night and during load shedding.

Hi Jimmy and welcome.

I don't know the Axperts very well so I cannot really comment on them, but I have been happy with my 3kw Infini for more than a year and 1/2 now. It can blend power from different sources to supply the loads which is a big plus for me.

I hope other members will be able to comment soon.