Victron Quattro Grid back-feed.

Harryc

12 hours ago, daniemare said:

They need a written request and authorisation from the Municipality. Which is now treating this as a practical double check to check if you got your solar installation approved. No approval no code. 

Just to ask, is this WC or would this apply (and is possible) in GP because, as @plonkster said, unfortunately municipalities across the country are very different (competent, less-competent, incompetent, total disaster, etc...)?

P.S. I am sitting with a meter that tripped because of back-feed since end of May...multiple calls logged and they still didn't come to replace it as they didn't know how to bring the meter back out of "tamper" mode. They at least connected me and told me that my electricity will be free until they fix it, but that is not the point.

Edited by Bobby Kaucic

21 minutes ago, Bobby Kaucic said:

is this WC

I've heard of others in the past who were lucky enough to have a municipality that helped them out. Conlog will help anyone, as long as the guy who owns the meter (the municipality) allows it. The trouble is simply that in some places, Sannieshof comes to mind, you can forget about that...

2 hours ago, Bobby Kaucic said:

Just to ask, is this WC or would this apply (and is possible) in GP because, as @plonkster said, unfortunately municipalities across the country are very different (competent, less-competent, incompetent, total disaster, etc...)?

P.S. I am sitting with a meter that tripped because of back-feed since end of May...multiple calls logged and they still didn't come to replace it as they didn't know how to bring the meter back out of "tamper" mode. They at least connected me and told me that my electricity will be free until they fix it, but that is not the point.

Do you mind sharing your system and what prepaid meter you have?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Do you mind sharing your system and what prepaid meter you have?

Victron Multi II 5KVA, MPPT 250/85 with 12 panels and a 48V battery bank

My meter is a normal Hexing HXE310-P (three phase) and its not prepaid but pay as you go...they use this same meters for Prepaid...
I downloaded a manual for this meter and it can be configured to accept feedback for predefined amount of time and predefined max. W etc, but only distributors have the cable interface, software for it and most probably passwords 

Edited by Bobby Kaucic

8 hours ago, Bobby Kaucic said:

My meter is a normal Hexing HXE310-P (three phase) and its not prepaid but pay as you go...they use this same meters for Prepaid...
I downloaded a manual for this meter and it can be configured to accept feedback for predefined amount of time and predefined max. W etc, but only distributors have the cable interface, software for it and most probably passwords 

The default "000000" password is probably unchanged as well.

image.png.c70eb707779244cbe13a9255f5382bf1.png

11 hours ago, phil.g00 said:

The default "000000" password is probably unchanged as well.

image.png.c70eb707779244cbe13a9255f5382bf1.png

I think that is exactly where the problem is...
HexView is software for opening Hexadecimal files (easily obtainable on the internet), however HexView for Hexing meters (http://www.inogate.org/documents/10.25_PC_software_User_Manual_for_HXE310_CT___CTPT_meter.pdf) is different and as far as I know can only obtained from Hexing Electrical...I tried finding this software all over and have failed.

Am I correct?

Page 40 and 41 has settings that are related to backfeed and disconnections because of it.
They refer to it as "current reverse"

Edited by Bobby Kaucic

It looks like that meter communicates using DLMS, which is a fairly common standard. If you can get hold of an optical head, you may be able to interrogate it with free software.such as from gurux. I have used the gurux python libraries to read data from DLMS enabled meters before. Unfortunately it can be a little tricky to get going as the setup seems to be different among different meters. They have a free windows app called DLMS director, which you can download and use to test various settings.

http://www.gurux.fi/Download