Axpert 5kVA Mk2 dry contact outputs

VaughanT

Folks - have any of you noticed that on the Mk2 version the ability to use the dry contact output for driving a remote monitoring device for example is no longer available. Was there any reason as to why this was removed? It was previously as NEC  ( #38) in the unit setup menu 

2 hours ago, VaughanT said:

dry contact output for driving a remote monitoring device

It was always intended (as far as I can gather) to drive a low battery alarm, or cause something external to happen when the battery was low.

With setting 38, it could be repurposed for driving an external relay to connect AC-out neutral to ground, only when the load is not connected to AC-in. They seem to have lost interest in the neutral to earth connection (I have no idea why), so it reverts to its original purpose. Does your inverter have AC-in N connected to AC-out N when powered down? If so, your model has the built-in neutral to earth relay contact (they just replace a single throw relay with a double throw one), so it would not need the neutral to earth external relay driving capability.

It was a real handy feature - being able to at least monitor when the unit was online or in bypass mode. I’ve not powered up the unit I’ve purchased, so unable to comment on whether the safety relay actually switches both poles. I completely understand the point re the external relay for the bonding of neutral to earth. I’ve seen some ‘hairy’ installations in my time including the use of the earth PE conductor as neutral!