Geyserwise comms protocol?

JustinSchoeman

Has anyone ever reverse engineered the comms protocol of the Geyserwise devices?

I would like to use it as a base for an automated thermostat.  Hardware is great, but it would be even better if I could use it directly.

From what I can see, it seems to be a 2400 baud serial protocol (or possibly 1200 baud RZ protocol, given the odd bit patterns).  But I can not see any correlations in the packets when I change temp, or press buttons...

If anybody has any previous attempts (even partial) to work from, that would be a great help!

Thanks,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of interest, I got a call from Geyserwise in response to my request for protocol information.  They have a new controller 'Geyserwise Senior' with an RS485 interface for automated management.

Unfortunately, they are only sharing the RS485 details with selected developers at the moment, but they are considering releasing it publicly.  This would be an ideal controller for home automation/solar optimization.

• 1 year later...