A "VX-3 3K-40ª" doesn´t switch on after overconsumption

4ldesign

Hello to everyone, my quite new small inverter-charger VX-3 3K-40ª doesn´t run anymore after a short overconsumption, trying to run a demanding tool. I tried to start a tool that takes a big demand just at the start, my bio-chipper of 1kva, but after three beeps went off forever.

This chipper usually needs to do few short runs in order to get all the required revolutions to chip stuff properly. When I start it I switch it on until i hear a couple of beeps, after trying 2 or 3 short go gets the terminal revolutions and works superfine for hours without any beep.

I have cheched the battery status after all and it's continuously 24.3v, even when I try to switch the inverter on. The inverter display doesn´t do anything, no beeps nor sign at all. I have opened the inverter but I haven´t seen any burnt or broken part, it doesn´t smell either. Do you know if there are any fuses that I could check or other missing interesting things that I could try? Thanks so much for your assistance, this forum is incredible.

Luis from the Resilience Centre of Mallorca

interior.jpg

specs.jpg

14 hours ago, 4ldesign said:

Do you know if there are any fuses that I could check or other missing interesting things that I could try?

The only fuse that I know of is the one marked in red below.

It's easy to overlook the MOSFETs that are fairly hard against the case, indicated in light blue. You may need a mirror to inspect them properly, or take the main board out of the case.

VX-3 interior.thumb.locations.jpg

Edited by Coulomb

• 1 month later...