Restart Inverter after Overload Trip

nevinvert

Admittingly this is embarrassing. When my recently installed Axpert King 5kva Inverter trips on overload I cannot find the procedure to acknowledge or reset the alarm state to restart after switching off the load offcourse. My only solution has been to de-energise (switch off mains, battery and PV panel swtches) and restart from cold. It is single inverter and battery setup.

2 hours ago, nevinvert said:

My only solution has been to de-energise...

There is a setting for automatic restart on overload (after a pause, I think). Setting 06 ("auto restart when overload occurs"); it defaults to disabled.

Otherwise, de-energising is the only option, as far as I know.

Have you enabled bypass on overload? Setting 23. You also need operation logic (setting 10) on Aut (auto), I believe.

3 hours ago, Coulomb said:

automatic restart on overload (after a pause, I think). Setting 06 ("auto restart when overload occurs")

Thankyou so much for your quick response Coulomb.

I was cautious to what seemed risky to auto restart with overload still present. Allowing switching to bypass mode could likewise be damaging if the overload still present. However most of the time I leave the Mains Off so that at night the battery does not charge, allowing the SP to resume charging at sunrise.

"Operation Logic" is on AUTO

Does the inverter not have an "overload circuit breaker" that disconnects the load? or should I provide one?

The Power On/Off switch on the LCD panel apparently has no effect nor the pushbutton switch underneath the inverter.

Thanks for your help.

21 hours ago, nevinvert said:

Does the inverter not have an "overload circuit breaker" that disconnects the load?

No. The breaker is on AC-in. 

or should I provide one? 

Yes. 

The Power On/Off switch on the LCD panel apparently has no effect nor the pushbutton switch underneath the inverter.

The inverter won't switch off completely if there is a charge source, AC-in or PV power.

Re leaving the AC-in off: you could use a charger source priority that forbids utility charging.