Apple file protocol with Debian on pi

PeterGutti

Question

There may be better places in the web to discuss this topic.... anyhow i give it a try.

I'm running ICC software on a pi to monitor the Axpert inverters. And a second one for GPIO to start/stop the generator and the pool pump depending on the SOC.

I use(d) AFP (Apple File Protocol) to exchange files to/from my MacBook. Typically config end log files i saved this way because a crash on a pi can destroy the "harddisk" = SD card.

The "problem" started after i installed a completely new system downloaded from the ICC developer.  It solved the issues with ICC but opened a new one: AFP now refuses to connect. I installed AFP using "sudo apt-get install netatalk".  When trying to connect to the server (ICC pi) i get a message saying: there are no compatible resources or you don't have permission. I'm using the only user available on that pi named pi. The second pi still can be accessed using AFP.

I'm looking / asking here for some assistance on how to show and modify the users in relacion to AFP (Apple File Protocol).

Thanks in advance .. Peter

i not even know how to find out the actual Debian version.. 

3 answers to this question

On 2020/12/15 at 10:14 AM, PeterGutti said:

There may be better places in the web to discuss this topic.... anyhow i give it a try.

I'm running ICC software on a pi to monitor the Axpert inverters. And a second one for GPIO to start/stop the generator and the pool pump depending on the SOC.

I use(d) AFP (Apple File Protocol) to exchange files to/from my MacBook. Typically config end log files i saved this way because a crash on a pi can destroy the "harddisk" = SD card.

The "problem" started after i installed a completely new system downloaded from the ICC developer.  It solved the issues with ICC but opened a new one: AFP now refuses to connect. I installed AFP using "sudo apt-get install netatalk".  When trying to connect to the server (ICC pi) i get a message saying: there are no compatible resources or you don't have permission. I'm using the only user available on that pi named pi. The second pi still can be accessed using AFP.

I'm looking / asking here for some assistance on how to show and modify the users in relacion to AFP (Apple File Protocol).

Thanks in advance .. Peter

i not even know how to find out the actual Debian version.. 

Noone using Apple file protocol (AFP) to access a pi form a OS system??