Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi There, two weeks ago i had a solar system installed, this is the kit: 12 * 320w Canadian PV + 1 * Voltronics Axpert Max 7.2kw + 5.1kwh lithium-ion + installed the watch power for android. The system works great, however my biggest frustration i have is the app % batt availability is not the same as the batt ( the lithium-ion has a dial showing the % of batt available) - the batt had no communication cable to the inverter. The batt is set at 50% to switch over to grid but it does not change over at 50%, sometimes the house will run on the batt till way below 30%. I was told that the Power watch app will be upgraded so that it gives the same batt % as the dial on the batt. Wednesday night the BP error code = battery is not connected) flashed on the inverter screen, i called the installer and resent the system, all was good again, however within a few minutes same happened and the dial screen on the batt went blank, but the inverter stayed on working, Yesterday the installer came to reactivate the batt, could not and it was taken away. Question: what could have caused this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jose de Sousa said:

1 * Voltronics Axpert Max 7.2kw + 5.1kwh lithium-ion

That's a small battery for a large inverter.

6 hours ago, Jose de Sousa said:

my biggest frustration i have is the app % batt availability is not the same as the batt

Without a cable to the battery's BMS, the inverter will be guessing based on battery voltage, and assuming it's a lead acid battery as well. So it will be hopelessly wrong.

6 hours ago, Jose de Sousa said:

The batt is set at 50% to switch over to grid

I'm not aware of any way that Watchpower can switch over at a given SOC percentage. But I'm not familiar with the Android version.

6 hours ago, Jose de Sousa said:

I was told that the Power watch app will be upgraded so that it gives the same batt % as the dial on the batt.

That's just not possible without the appropriate cable.

6 hours ago, Jose de Sousa said:

Wednesday night the BP error code = battery is not connected) flashed on the inverter screen,

That sounds like the battery's BMS disconnected due to the inverter over-charging the battery (battery voltage too high). Without any cable, presumably they are using battery type = USE (user supplies battery voltage settings), and they set the voltage too high. For reasons I don't understand, battery manufacturers seem to recommend ridiculously high voltage settings, and installers tend to follow these bad recommendations.

As for why the battery would not restart, I have no idea.

What is the model of the battery? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

That's a small battery for a large inverter.

Without a cable to the battery's BMS, the inverter will be guessing based on battery voltage, and assuming it's a lead acid battery as well. So it will be hopelessly wrong.

I'm not aware of any way that Watchpower can switch over at a given SOC percentage. But I'm not familiar with the Android version.

That's just not possible without the appropriate cable.

That sounds like the battery's BMS disconnected due to the inverter over-charging the battery (battery voltage too high). Without any cable, presumably they are using battery type = USE (user supplies battery voltage settings), and they set the voltage too high. For reasons I don't understand, battery manufacturers seem to recommend ridiculously high voltage settings, and installers tend to follow these bad recommendations.

As for why the battery would not restart, I have no idea.

What is the model of the battery? I need to find out, I was told it's locally made in Stellenbosch. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

That's a small battery for a large inverter.

Without a cable to the battery's BMS, the inverter will be guessing based on battery voltage, and assuming it's a lead acid battery as well. So it will be hopelessly wrong.

I'm not aware of any way that Watchpower can switch over at a given SOC percentage. But I'm not familiar with the Android version.

That's just not possible without the appropriate cable.

That sounds like the battery's BMS disconnected due to the inverter over-charging the battery (battery voltage too high). Without any cable, presumably they are using battery type = USE (user supplies battery voltage settings), and they set the voltage too high. For reasons I don't understand, battery manufacturers seem to recommend ridiculously high voltage settings, and installers tend to follow these bad recommendations.

As for why the battery would not restart, I have no idea.

What is the model of the battery? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...