Utility bypass Panels/Pylontech when electricity becomes available.

Good morning,

I really hope that someone can help me.  Firstly I would like to apologize if this has been covered before in this forum but I sometimes find it hard to find the right information with a snippit of info here and another snippit there.  Thus the reason I decided just to create a new post.  I have the following system and setup as follows:

SYSTEM:
Synapse 5.0K+ (Axpert King)
Firmware: 71.70
Pylontech 3000B
9 x 275W solar panels

WHAT I WANT SYSTEM TO DO:
Although utility is available, I would like to run my household (Load) on Solar Panels. If not enough power generated by panels, then I would like the battery to assist panels. If not enough supplied by both or battery falls to minimum level, I would like the Utility to kick in. I would like to have enough battery power to support load shedding if utility goes down. I would like solar to charge battery and support load if enough sun.

CURRENTLY:
If I switch the mains off or when load shedding, Inverter switches to Panels to support the load. It also switch to battery in the evening when there is no sun. I am happy, it works fine. Today is a bright sunny day, Panels generate at 11A and is enough to support household and no back from the full battery is required.

2.jpg.6c549f54ba7b06ef51d597cf0cce028c.jpg  1.jpg.c8b60051b91945637b6d4c775269b1d9.jpg

PROBLEM:
If I switch the mains on and the utility becomes available, the Pylontech shows as fully charged, the system somehow remains in Bypass mode and uses only the Utility power to support the household load demand. Nothing from the Battery or Solar Panels.

4.jpg.6c7fe4101a4e1ff211475dce5e1abd46.jpg  3.jpg.4cc5cc14c44eebebccdf7ef8d4e076eb.jpg

QUESTION:
How can I run my system on sun and battery as first priority and ONLY to use the Utility if there is no sun or when the battery is too low? Why does the system into bypass mode when the utility becomes available?  Currently I don't reap the benefit of solar when utility is available.

MY CURRENT SETTINGS:
01 -> SbU
02 -> 20A
05 -> PYL (works fine with cable)
06 -> Overload Enabled
07 -> High temperatures Enabled
09 -> 50Hz
10 -> ECO
11 -> 20A
12 -> 48v
13 -> 51v
16 -> SbL/ UCb
18 -> bOF
19 -> ESP
20 -> LON
22 -> AON
23 -> bYE
25 -> FEN
26 -> 53,2v
27 -> 53,2v
28 -> SIG
29 -> 47.0v
32 -> AUt
33 -> EdS
34 -> 58,4v
36 -> 60
36 -> 120
37 -> 30d
39 -> AdS
40 -> nfe
93 -> nfe
94 -> 10
95 -> 6

Thanks so much in advance.

3 hours ago, Japie Muller said:

PROBLEM:
If I switch the mains on and the utility becomes available, the Pylontech shows as fully charged, the system somehow remains in Bypass mode and uses only the Utility power to support the household load demand. Nothing from the Battery or Solar Panels.

Thank you for providing all the information to answer your question; it really is refreshing.

I don't operate a King yet; it's testing on the bench. But my understanding is that your problem is setting 10, operation logic. The dirty little secret about ECO mode is that it's really just bypass mode. How can they call that ECO? Well, if you're using utility power most of the time, it saves energy, because you don't do double conversion while in bypass mode. But you want to minimise utility usage, so that means ECO is not appropriate. You should try AUt or OnL; as long as your utility is clean and stable, these should do the same thing. Pick AUt because it's the default.

Once you've done that, it's possible that you may have to play with other settings, especially 01 and 16, to get it to do what you want. To make the most use of your King's hardware, I think you'll want SBU mode (setting 01). This will have the utility available, but don't panic, it's not in bypass mode (no BYPASS line), and it should only use utility power when needed, and as little as needed.

3 hours ago, Japie Muller said:

02 -> 20A

You could increase that to 30 A safely, charging the battery a bit quicker when you have good sun, and making more use of the panels when the loads are low.

On 2021/03/29 at 12:53 AM, SMI said:

on the user manual setting 10 is output voltage

Setting 10 (operation logic) is unique to the Axpert King (known by many names) only. Most Axperts don't have double conversion, which requires this setting.

What is your exact SAKO model? The sakopower.com website isn't responding for me today.

Edit: I got through via Google Cache. It looks like an Axpert King clone to me, which possibly explains the different meaning for setting 10. Maybe operation logic is just a different setting number?

Edited by Coulomb