Sunsynk 8kW System mode battery discharge anomaly

TonyH

Hi All, I have recently had my PVs installed in on my inverter. At night I have programmed the battery to discharge but there seems to be a bug in the system program. (Unless I am missing something). At 23h?? with the charge/discharge unticked, with plenty of battery charge, the battery starts to charge and the grid power is used. After 23h?? at 00h00 also with the charge / discharge unticked, the battery discharges and the grid power is off until morning. Before 23h00 the battery discharges and the Grid power isn't used.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone shed some light on this.

Synsynk 8kW

10 x 390 W panels

Hubble AM2

After 23h00 time Grid battery charging and grid-1.jpg

After 23h00 time Grid battery charging and grid-2.jpg

Before 23h00 time battery discharge-1.jpg

Before 23h00 time battery discharge-2.jpg

Hi, the first two photos show that the battery is discharging and the Grid power is being used. The last photo's show that after programming the discharge to happen later at 23h25 the battery is discharging and Grid power not being used. When the time is 23h25 the battery starts to charge and the grid power is used. When 00h00 is programmed in the place of 23h?? and the time is 00h00 the battery starts to discharge and the grid power isn't used. What is puzzling is that at no time during the night is the charge ticked so the battery should discharge until minimum or at 08h00.

37 minutes ago, TonyH said:

Hi, the first two photos show that the battery is discharging and the Grid power is being used.

Agreed, as per 1st and second pic, battery discharges at around 12:25, to the tune of around 40 Watts, grid providing 268 - 370 Watts

What were the programming settings at this point? 

40 minutes ago, TonyH said:

The last photo's show that after programming the discharge to happen later at 23h25 the battery is discharging and Grid power not being used.

So this was after you adjusted the system mode screen? Must have been after 23H25 though.

39 minutes ago, TonyH said:

When 00h00 is programmed in the place of 23h?? and the time is 00h00 the battery starts to discharge and the grid power isn't used.

I'm not sure, but I have seen that after some (radical) changes to the system mode screen, it takes a few minutes for the change to "converge" (apologies for using a networking term).

Take a look tonight and check to see if it's still doing the same? I doubt it will though, from your current system mode screen, the only time that it will take from the grid to charge batteries will be at 17H00.

3 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

Agreed, as per 1st and second pic, battery discharges at around 12:25, to the tune of around 40 Watts, grid providing 268 - 370 Watts

So this was after you adjusted the system mode screen? Must have been after 23H25 though.

I'm not sure, but I have seen that after some (radical) changes to the system mode screen, it takes a few minutes for the change to "converge" (apologies for using a networking term).

Take a look tonight and check to see if it's still doing the same? I doubt it will though, from your current system mode screen, the only time that it will take from the grid to charge batteries will be at 17H00.

3 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

In have checked this for three nights. I am going to see if without 23h?? the same will happen at 00h00 tonight.

Here are the latest system settings. I am still charging the battery and using grid power at night. I have switched off the inverter and battery and cut all grid power. I was hoping that the system just needed a good reset. 

IMG_20210412_203732.jpg

IMG_20210412_203746.jpg

IMG_20210412_203807.jpg

Tech support China have sent me an email informing me that they have changed my "type" to "storage". I have not been able to find where this is done. Perhaps the change was downloaded and a normal user can't see this data. Does anyone know where we can see what out inverter "Type" is?

• 1 year later...

I have an 8kw Sun synk inverter installed. I need to program the system mode in order to charge the battery up to 100% from the grid and PV from 06AM to 06PM and then allow the battery to supply the load from 06 PM to 06AM until the state of charge drops o 50%. How do i program the system mode? 

Hi Cassie, the battery always charges from the PVs as a normal function. To charge the battery from the grid you need to go to the battery charge setup and select grid charge. This is purely manual. The table in system selection selects the minimum level of battery charge, SOC, after a specific time. If the SOC reaches that time's minimum the grid power is directed to the load of the house. This is so that you maintain a minimum SOC at a particular time. I will post a pic of how I have set up my table to you shortly. This means that without setting up the battery to charge from the grid manually at night, the battery will always discharge and never charge at night. During the day with sufficient sun light the battery will charge if the load isn't more than the power generated by the PVs.

Let me know if I have answered your question adequately. Regards