Low voltage alarm.

Jo-Jo

Question

Good afternoon. I went to a client that has 2 x 5KW Axpert inverters installed, and was told that this morning it did not change over to utility to charge the batteries. This is not some thing that happens  everyday. The setting voltage point back to utility source when selecting Solar first in program 01  has been increased to 49V.The Float voltage for the batteries has been set to 51.2V. The setting voltage point back to battery mode when selecting solar first in program 01 is set to 52.0V. The bulk charging  voltage is set to 52.5V and the Float charging voltage is set to 51.2V. The Low DC cut-off voltage is set at 46V.The batteries that the client is using is Narada 48 NPFC 50 NC. I would like to know if somebody would be able to help me please.

BR

Johan

4 answers to this question

On 2021/06/04 at 1:26 AM, Jo-Jo said:

The model number is INFINI V 5K-48.

Ah. The Infinis are not the same as Axperts; Infinis are grid tied, Axperts are off-grid.

The Infini-V models happen to have many of the same parts as Axperts, and happen to look much the same. But they operate differently.

Perhaps start a new thread with "Infini V 5K-48" in the title, to see if others with that model can help. I don't know much about the Infinis.

From your other post, I'm guessing that this is a RENTECH inverter. But there are many models, and they happen to behave a bit differently, especially with respect to the back to grid behaviour. Could you tell us which 5K model it is, please?

ORYX 5K-48 presumed = PIP-5048-MGX (Axpert MKS III)

VM II 5K-48 presumed = same named Axpert

INFINI V 5K-58 presumed = same named Infini.

The VM II's manual suggests that the back to grid setting (setting 12) only applies to output priority SBU (setting 01), not SUB (also called Solar First).

Perhaps others with similar models can help with how this works; I'm not familiar with the high voltage SCC models.