Which Lithium Batteries

MyInverter

Question

So I am busy investigating which lithium iron batteries to go for of course you have the PylonTech and then I see other brands out there like Hubble (not heard of them) and some others. What I really want is the least amount of issues with batteries and the best performance. The pricing seems to be in the same range with these brands. 

Wanted to ask out of experience which ones are recommended I would want to go for 4.x KW batteries at a time.

6 answers to this question

Are you saying the capacity should be more than 4 kw? or do you want 4 batteries.

In my view it depends on the inverter size as well as the intended loads.

Depending on the size of the inverter and C rating of the battery you would need to have X amount of batteries

Pylontech are all over - many people use them (including me)

But it seems Hubble and BSL are also good

On 2021/06/04 at 2:21 PM, MyInverter said:

So I am busy investigating which lithium iron batteries to go for of course you have the PylonTech and then I see other brands out there like Hubble (not heard of them) and some others. What I really want is the least amount of issues with batteries and the best performance. The pricing seems to be in the same range with these brands. 

Wanted to ask out of experience which ones are recommended I would want to go for 4.x KW batteries at a time.

Pylontech works but you need atleast 3 x US3000C batteries for a 5KW inverter Hubble AM2 is 5.5KW 100 amp and you need one good battery I have 2 and BSLB Bull 6.4 is good there you will just need one but if you have budget limitations then You could also look at the Hubble AM3 2.75 KW or the BSLB Bull 5.1 KW.. withe neither of these will you have potential warranty issues with minimum battery requirements that some Pylontech suppliers enforce.

27 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

Pylontech works but you need atleast 3 x US3000C batteries for a 5KW inverter Hubble AM2 is 5.5KW 100 amp and you need one good battery I have 2 and BSLB Bull 6.4 is good there you will just need one but if you have budget limitations then You could also look at the Hubble AM3 2.75 KW or the BSLB Bull 5.1 KW.. withe neither of these will you have potential warranty issues with minimum battery requirements that some Pylontech suppliers enforce.

Excellent thank you. Budget isnt and issue when I invest in solar. I should of done it right in the first time and it cost me i.e. going with the lead acid batteries. However I want to move to Li-ion now so looking to see which ones I should be matching with each inverter since I have three APEX    FCS-KING-5000W-MPPT inverters. Currently the load I want to sustain during loadshedding etc is around 3kw/h and I want to sustain that for at least 9 hours.

6 minutes ago, MyInverter said:

Excellent thank you. Budget isnt and issue when I invest in solar. I should of done it right in the first time and it cost me i.e. going with the lead acid batteries. However I want to move to Li-ion now so looking to see which ones I should be matching with each inverter since I have three APEX    FCS-KING-5000W-MPPT inverters. Currently the load I want to sustain during loadshedding etc is around 3kw/h and I want to sustain that for at least 9 hours.

Then Your best option is either the bull or the hubble I saw the powerforum store has a special going on the bslb 10.2KW and based on your loads 3 would do the job very well