Axpert MKSII Firmware

NathanL

Hi Everyone

I have a Full Circle Solar FCS-MKS-II-5KW inverter that permanently tells me that the batteries are charging off the PV, the charging light flashes, and the fans run at full speed all the time. With no panels connected... Hmmmm... I even removed the MPPT. Still the same. I know it's the control board as I put another in and it works fine. I would like to reload the firmware on the original in case that is the problem. I tried the supplier. Useless... Lets not go there...

I've never done a reflash. I'll use the guide in the downloads section. Do I have to have the specific firmware for this inverter? Can I use any Axpert firmware? I see the Axpert King under the download section. Will this work? Or can someone point me to the correct firmware file please?

3 hours ago, NathanL said:

Do I have to have the specific firmware for this inverter?

Definitely.

Can I use any Axpert firmware?

No!

I see the Axpert King under the download section. Will this work?

It probably won't let you try, but there definitely are some combinations where you are guaranteed to brick the inverter.

Or can someone point me to the correct firmware file please?

[ Edit: I don't believe that new firmware will fix this problem, but it might; earlier fixes seemed to be PV related. ]

I don't recall where I found this one; the date on the file is February 2021:

Edited by Coulomb

• 2 weeks later...