Sunsynk 8kW noise levels

Resting Seagull

Hi

To everyone familiar with the Sunsynk 8kW inverters, what are their typical noise levels e.g. fans, relays etc?

Would they be suitable for installation in an area occupied by people, or would their noise be bothersome / irritating and they be best installed in something like a garage or utility room?

Thanks in advance.

It will definitely be bothersome. Put it in a garage or outside. Firstly the fans are quite noisy. There are 3 small fans, and they are either on or off, no in between speed. The sound of each of the fans is slightly out of phase with the others, making it worse than one big fan would have been. They come on when the temperature is 50 degrees.  When the inverter is working hard they will come on about every 15 minutes, and stay on for like 7 minutes or so.  The below graph is my temperature graph from yesterday. Mine is mounted outside in the shade. Each of those little spikes where it starts to drop off from 50 degrees is where the fans come on.  Secondly there is the issue that some of the units gives a constant loud very high pitched noise. It is about 15,000Hz, so people above 40 years of age might not hear it. I originally had mine in the scullery, and after a couple of days I couldn't take the high pitched noise. It is similar to that sound you get from some cheap AC adaptors, but loud enough to cause physical discomfort in my ears. So my installer took the inverter to Sunsynk's tech support guys, and they said they won't swop it. So I had to pay my installer another R11,000 to move the whole setup outside. There was extra cabling, new weatherproof DB boxes, new trunking, and labour. They had to open up my IBR roof sheets to get the cables through. Plus I ended up with lots of drill holes in my scullery.

Screenshot_20210728-113053_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

my colleague has a 5 kW  with the same high pitched noise, they can even hear the clothes iron making a high pitched noise, Sunsynk did give him another inverter, but does not look new, even scratches on the screen

3 hours ago, Bernardf said:

It will definitely be bothersome. Put it in a garage or outside. Firstly the fans are quite noisy. There are 3 small fans, and they are either on or off, no in between speed. The sound of each of the fans is slightly out of phase with the others, making it worse than one big fan would have been. They come on when the temperature is 50 degrees.  When the inverter is working hard they will come on about every 15 minutes, and stay on for like 7 minutes or so.  The below graph is my temperature graph from yesterday. Mine is mounted outside in the shade. Each of those little spikes where it starts to drop off from 50 degrees is where the fans come on.  Secondly there is the issue that some of the units gives a constant loud very high pitched noise. It is about 15,000Hz, so people above 40 years of age might not hear it. I originally had mine in the scullery, and after a couple of days I couldn't take the high pitched noise. It is similar to that sound you get from some cheap AC adaptors, but loud enough to cause physical discomfort in my ears. So my installer took the inverter to Sunsynk's tech support guys, and they said they won't swop it. So I had to pay my installer another R11,000 to move the whole setup outside. There was extra cabling, new weatherproof DB boxes, new trunking, and labour. They had to open up my IBR roof sheets to get the cables through. Plus I ended up with lots of drill holes in my scullery.

Screenshot_20210728-113053_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg

Thank you so much Bernard for your comprehensive answer - it's of great help in determining where to place my installation.