Going off grid

Kevin Levin

Question

Hi my name is Kevin. I need advise on a installation with 2  X 5kva Sunsynk inverters I have installed one on each phase and have the CTs on each phase at the meter box. The CT reading at this stage with very little load are 0 and as soon as I turn on the PV isolator it goes into negative numbers. Is it possible running back through the neutrals . Also what does the CT ratio need to be set at.

Please advise

Kevin Levin

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Kevin Levin said:

Hi my name is Kevin. I need advise on a installation with 2  X 5kva Sunsynk inverters I have installed one on each phase and have the CTs on each phase at the meter box. The CT reading at this stage with very little load are 0 and as soon as I turn on the PV isolator it goes into negative numbers. Is it possible running back through the neutrals . Also what does the CT ratio need to be set at.

Please advise

Kevin Levin

Could you perhaps attch a few pictures of your wiring, db board etc.... it is quite uncommon to see a house with a two phase install. 

9 hours ago, Kevin Levin said:

as soon as I turn on the PV isolator it goes into negative numbers

That sounds like the CT’s are installed the wrong way, In the manual there is mention of negative Watt readings if coils are wrong way. 

10 hours ago, Kevin Levin said:

Also what does the CT ratio need to be set at.

My 5KW ct ratio did not need to be set, it worked first time without setting.