How to merage Utility with PV

Abo Noor

👋

Hello everyone 

In Axpert off-grid inverters

When we select SBU in 

And on number 16 choice select SOS

And AC power connect to inverter

Bypass will not work coz there PV and battery....

If PV not enough to load the inverter will take from battery

If battery become empty or as 12-13 choices

The bypass will work

Q:

Can merge Utility with PV without bypass......

And can use the inverter to stabilize the AC power....

2 hours ago, Abo Noor said:

Q:

Can merge Utility with PV without bypass......

And can use the inverter to stabilize the AC power....

You didn't say what model of Axpert inverter you have.

As far as I know, only the Axpert King can stabilise AC voltage, as it has dual conversion when in Line mode (different from Bypass mode for that model). It converts AC-in to DC, and back to AC again, where the voltage will be constant except for an occasional minor glitch as the load or AC-in suddenly changes.

My understanding is that of the other models, only those with the higher voltage Solar Charge Controller (PV max voltage is 450V or 500V) can blend AC-in and PV power, and only when in SBU output source priority (setting 01). It sounds like you have a low voltage SCC model like mine (145V max PV) , so you can't blend.

For me, that's little hardship, as I have a medium sized battery and load shedding is extremely rare. For South Africans, that may be more of an issue.

Edited by Coulomb

13 hours ago, Abo Noor said:

And the inverter will stabiliz the AC power

I suppose that a true grid interactive inverter (even an Expert in SUB mode), which puts the inverter in parallel with the utility, should improve the utility waveform to some degree: pushing the voltage up if it's low, rounding out the peaks that tend to get flattened by cheap power supplies.

But unless the connection to the transformer is poor, or the inverter is very powerful, the improvements would be very modest, I would think.

Yesterday i connect AC to diode bridge after that soldering to inverter capacitor

I was 100% 

But not get any wattage even battery down

This without connect AC to Inverter as Utility

But when connect AC to Inverter

This idea not pass coz inverter bypass

So are there way to stop bypass

If stop bypass inverter will take wattage from alternative AC ....

Or i have idea

We want Bypass command to RUN alternative AC...

But should stop bypass logo in LCD and interrupt stop inverting to Bypass ..... 

4 hours ago, Abo Noor said:

Yesterday i connect AC to diode bridge after that soldering to inverter capacitor

Yikes. That sounds dangerous. By "inverter capacitor" do you mean the bus capacitors (2 x 470 μF ~450 V)?

What were you hoping to achieve by this?

So are there way to stop bypass

Yes, appropriate output source priority, battery voltage, and settings 12 and 13 (back to utility and back to battery voltages respectively).

We want Bypass command to RUN alternative AC...

I don't understand this.

are there

Source code for Axpert

I've never seen source code for any Voltronic Power firmware. I have small parts of various firmwares disassembled, but that's a long way from source code.

And wiring diagram to know command lines...

A bit over half of the commands are documented in various protocol manuals; a bit more in later protocol documents. Check the file section of this forum, and the AEVA forum.

The proplem

When select SBU output power

Will take power from PV if not sufficient will take from battery at the same time

But if battery drop to setting point on program 12 

Will start bypass "this my proplem"

I have connect AC to Bridge after that to 450V capacitor

If inverter go to bypass will not take any power from my new connection

Note

I test this way without utility power

It work 100%

Inverter if battery drop will give error code but take power from new connection 100%

Finally 

Can we make patch or way to make 

SB output power way without utility

Fir if battery drop inverter will take power from new connection

Thanks for replying

12 hours ago, Abo Noor said:

Will start bypass "this my proplem"

I have connect AC to Bridge after that to 450V capacitor

If inverter go to bypass will not take any power from my new connection

230 VAC rectified comes to about 325 VDC. The bus voltage is usually around 360-400 V, to allow for several volt drops across the IGBTs and still be able to generate a 230V sine wave. So the diodes in the bridge will always be reverse biased. That's why the inverter won't draw power from that source.

When the inverter goes to bypass, it energises relays that connect AC-out to AC-in. It sounds like you have nothing connected to AC-in. 

You still haven't said why you want to use this diode bridge connected to the DC bus capacitors. It still sounds horribly dangerous to me, and I worry about neutral current flowing to bad places. I also wonder what will happen if the firmware tries to charge from utility. But perhaps you have a valid reason to do this.