Shubart 5kva error 9

MartinKoch

My inverter and system tripped, when restarting there was a burning smell and error code 9, inverter will be sent in for repairs, my question is what will cause the problem. For instance intermitted load due to ironing, frequent switch of parameter 01 between uti and sbu daily to charge batteries 7 o clock in the evening in order to have enough charge for morning activities? Shorter charging time than in the morning, or what else

21 hours ago, MartinKoch said:

what will cause the problem.

Presuming that the Shubart is a rebranded Axpert or a clone, if it's several years old, it could be due to the very average quality capacitors that they use to protect the MOSFETs. I replace the critical capacitors in mine with long-life versions. Very old models had very marginal MOSFET voltage ratings too, so I've replace them as well. But very few people bother with this.

When the capacitors dry up (heat is the enemy), their Effective Series Resistance (ESR) increases, and eventually they can't do their job of suppressing transients and ringing. This puts spikes across the MOSFETs, which fail short circuit, and the surge often takes out a pair of IGBTs as well. These shorted IGBTs cause the bus soft start error (fault code 09).

If it's a clone, they may have even cheaper capacitors and MOSFETs than the ones in the genuine Voltronic Power made models.

Intermittent loads don't seem to bother these inverters, even though LED lights tend to flicker.

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

Presuming that the Shubart is a rebranded Axpert or a clone, if it's several years old, it could be due to the very average quality capacitors that they use to protect the MOSFETs. I replace the critical capacitors in mine with long-life versions. Very old models had very marginal MOSFET voltage ratings too, so I've replace them as well. But very few people bother with this.

When the capacitors dry up (heat is the enemy), their Effective Series Resistance (ESR) increases, and eventually they can't do their job of suppressing transients and ringing. This puts spikes across the MOSFETs, which fail short circuit, and the surge often takes out a pair of IGBTs as well. These shorted IGBTs cause the bus soft start error (fault code 09).

If it's a clone, they may have even cheaper capacitors and MOSFETs than the ones in the genuine Voltronic Power made models.

Intermittent loads don't seem to bother these inverters, even though LED lights tend to flicker.

Thank you for the feedback, was installed last year, I will ask for more reliable capacitors, good news about the intermittent load