Hubble AM2 5.5kW freefalling SOC

CapeTown

I've browsed this topic:  

But it appears to be more about the SOH than the SOC.

I have a SunSynk 5.5kW Inverter set to use the battery from 19h30 each evening down to 40% SOC.     A while back (same consumption) I was noticing that at 7am I still had 40%+ left on the battery.   

Suddenly in the last two weeks the battery is at 40% within 90min (21h00) and then defaults back to using grid power.    That's been 90min of approximately 400W average usage (so by my calcs 700W worst case, or 0,7kw or 15% usage.  Attached below is the graphic even showing 1,1kW of usage "out" of the battery.

image.thumb.jpeg.986c30ea015d21060e05b2a7e93af764.jpeg

I've disabled half my DB breakers (on non-essential side) to see if anything is "sucking" power, but honestly, NOTHING.

The last straw last night was explaining to my wife why we just shut down when load shedding kicked in (had 41% battery) at 10pm and by 11pm we were dead, and at 10h30 only had a TV and 4 LED Philips Hue (5W each) GU10 bulbs running along with wifi.   20% just like that in an hour on 200W draw MAX?    (EDIT TO ADD:   20% is the shut down value as per Hubble guidelines).

Hubble has not replied to a single email I've sent.   So please boffins here, please assist.  Thank you.

Edited by CapeTown
Added the 20% shut down value to explain "the 20% just like that" comment.

The thread, is about both and SOH and SOC and loss of capacity.
What seems to happen is that the SOC value is being misreported resulting in less and less usable capacity over time.
It seems to be a BMS firmware issue.

The SunSynk does NOT use SOH values.
The SunSynk can be configured for SOC or AGM/V (Voltage).
The SOH is from the Hubble-AM2 BMS.
You need Solar-Assistant or CloudLink to view the SoH. (CloudLink has moved the SoH to a second screen)

The recommendation is to:
1) Get advice/fix from HubbleLithium (don't get advice from random people on a forum)
2) Upgrade the firmware for Hubble-AM2 (and possibly the SunSynk)
If the firmware is not forthcoming, you have the option to switch the SunSynk from Lithium SOC to to AGM/V.

To use AGM/V you will need:
image.thumb.png.41c6ef8caa98744343742f3caa4f8342.png

I'm not sure what the 40% voltage is.

Thank you @system32 .     I'll re-read that thread again.

The latest SunSynk firmware on my inverter shows SOH=100%   so not sure what's happening?

Another weird thing is that just before my time-slot to run off battery, SOC goes from 100% to exactly 90% each time.      

I was hoping there was / is a reset option for the battery to perhaps "reboot" it.     My battery was installed first above everything 3m up, so getting it down now is akin to the impossible task.   I'm also wanting to add a second one, but suddenly my faith in this "amazing Hubble battery" is left a bit wanting, to be like this merely 3 months after installation.

And thanks for the AGM/V settings, but why the hell have a Lithium setting if we cant use it?   

Thanks, if it's happened to anyone else and they've fixed it, I'd love to know what was done to get it back to "normal".   I'll try Hubble again on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, CapeTown said:

this "amazing Hubble battery"

I bought one for a holiday house as a anti-loadshedding UPS (together with an Axpert King), mainly based on some of the almost religious loyalty some members here were showing.

My experience is similar to yours - weird behaviours with SOC (mine simply ticks down over time when the battery voltage stays at full charge with no load) and no support from Hubble (with their quality issues I guess their support desk must be extremely busy).  The BMS and their cloudlink seem to be very primitive and buggy.  One can only hope that they fix it before they go bust.

On 2022/04/15 at 12:09 PM, CapeTown said:

Thank you @system32 .     I'll re-read that thread again.

The latest SunSynk firmware on my inverter shows SOH=100%   so not sure what's happening?

Another weird thing is that just before my time-slot to run off battery, SOC goes from 100% to exactly 90% each time.      

I was hoping there was / is a reset option for the battery to perhaps "reboot" it.     My battery was installed first above everything 3m up, so getting it down now is akin to the impossible task.   I'm also wanting to add a second one, but suddenly my faith in this "amazing Hubble battery" is left a bit wanting, to be like this merely 3 months after installation.

And thanks for the AGM/V settings, but why the hell have a Lithium setting if we cant use it?   

Thanks, if it's happened to anyone else and they've fixed it, I'd love to know what was done to get it back to "normal".   I'll try Hubble again on Tuesday.

image.thumb.png.5e5c4eaa48b6f3235d278f9d874c8130.png
The purple line is the approximate SOC calculated from the voltage
The blue line is the SOC as reported by the BMS.
The inverter was set to Lithium SOC with 20% limit in Work Mode 1.
The BMS SOC stopped battery usage at 20% - hence the flat line.
Using voltage, the estimated the SOC to be ~43%.
I've connected a KG140F coulometer display & logger http://www.junteks.com/ to the battery bank and hopefully will soon have accurate data.
image.png.828e069297253fdf2fc0cfd4b409e434.png

Edited by system32

Amazing, and thank you...  Tonight I'm doing a test - leaving draw at exactly 300W, no changes to anything and seeing how long until my battery is drained.

Tomorrow I'll try and get the values for a single Hubble AM2 5.5kW on a Sunsynk 5kW inverter and try the AGM/V you suggested in your first post.

• 7 months later...
On 2022/04/15 at 6:29 PM, system32 said:

image.thumb.png.5e5c4eaa48b6f3235d278f9d874c8130.png
The purple line is the approximate SOC calculated from the voltage
The blue line is the SOC as reported by the BMS.
The inverter was set to Lithium SOC with 20% limit in Work Mode 1.
The BMS SOC stopped battery usage at 20% - hence the flat line.
Using voltage, the estimated the SOC to be ~43%.
I've connected a KG140F coulometer display & logger http://www.junteks.com/ to the battery bank and hopefully will soon have accurate data.
image.png.828e069297253fdf2fc0cfd4b409e434.png

Evening. 

What was the outcome of this?