Kodak OGS5.6 with Livoltek BLF51-5

Steve87

This installation has 2 x Kodak OGS5.6 inverters paired with a single Livoltek 5.1kWh Lithium battery. 8 x 545w Canadian Solar Mono panels. 

Some valuable feedback on pairing the Kodak OGS5.6 in a single phase configuration was gained out of this installation. I have paired many of these inverters in a 3 phase configuration & the larger big brother the OG7.2 in a Single phase parallel without any issues. So I am very familiar with the correct wiring etc. 

On this particular installation I picked up an intermittent F72 fault. Let's just say I was left baffled for hours on end. I eventually unhooked the faulting machine & took it to the Segen Solar support technicians & low & behold, they knew about it. They have had lots of installers coming in with these same issues & through lots of scrutiny have found that the display of the OGS5.6 is housed quite close to the PV MPPT. This is causing noise or ripple to affect the electronics & the F72 current sharing fault is the result of this. This is not an issue on the OG7.2 or the OG10.0 as the multi MPPTs are not in close proximity & the case has more space so that proximity is not an issue. 

They have communicated to the OEM Voltronics & they have already retrofitted this as a factory fix in all of the new machines & will fit this at no cost in the event this particular machine is returned with this issue. 

This fault will only affect current sharing during high PV conditions on parallel models in a single phase. I share this here so than anyone who has this newer OGS5.6 or the MKS4 can be aware that if you want to parallel in single phase that this might be a possible issue. 

Their approved fix is to place a capacitor directly onto the PV input & this acts as a filter to clean up the noise & also to place a metal cover over the back of the round display. The original back cover is plastic. This then acts to avoid the noise & what noise still creeps through will be non invasive to the display. 

I think it would be well worth to check this out on your current machine & communicate to see if your inverter serial number is affected. They can track this on their side via the Serial number. It may not affect you at all because you run your machine as non parallel or in 3 phase non current sharing. However, having the free fix which took 15 mins to install is worth the piece of mind. 

IMG20220802170828.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Shucks I have this issue with inverters I bought 2nd hand and installed for family. Rct model of same inverter. Any thoughts if local support centers in gauteng can resolve this issue for me? Iow what did the guys in gauteng do? 

• 1 month later...

Hi @Timbo_vbwe used the Livoltek CANbus protocol. We have made use of Livoltek batteries.when there was a market short of batteries a few years ago. We were supposed the protocol some years ago under an NDA agreement. We then used a gateway that mimiced the CANbus that the Livoltek inverter would generate in order to allow an output to allow the battery voltage to be exposed. The Livoltek battery will not work without this CANbus message. It's their way of security measure. However, they have moved away from proprietary CANbus & now use Pylontech CANbus & so this allows use with Deye/ Sunsynk. You still however, have an issue because the Kodak uses RS485 Pylontech not CANbus.