Customize your EmonCms Dash

PaulF007

@Chris Hobson noted that some might not be as experienced with Emoncms , so  I decided to make a short tutorial on how to create a fairly sleek looking Emon Dash. Now keep in mind that this is my first attempt but I hope this will give you the basics to produce even better dashboards than the sample that I have showed here!!

Enjoy and share you creations as well!

2 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

I need to upgrade the EmonCMS

Yes there has been a couple of improvements since then. Personally I don't bother with the low write mode as I am running my setup from a old laptop.But on there is quite a few "nice" extras that came through in the last few months .

Check the emon site they have quite a good tutorial on how to upgrade where you don't touch your original setup but just add the new one and then change the settings to connect to MySql.

Jaaaa, easier said than done. I still have a bit of RedHat Linux left in me from many moons ago, but I find these type of tutorials are mostly written by pro's, and not from a newbie perspective. I don't have another Pi to test with. I have read the upgrade howto, and it's a good thing you already warned about the SQL stuff. Didn't see any of that @emoncms.org. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

Jaaaa, easier said than done

LOL not in this case it is easy enough :) . The only thing that you need to do is clone the new emon into your HTML folder. Rename your original as emoncms_old. Then change your settings in your new folder to match your server and you should be all setup. They make a point of it that every update should be backwards compatible from v 9.xxx on wards. The couple of times I battled with the updates I would just rename the old folder and all was good again :) .

The other option is just to copy the new modules into your emon folder and update the tables.  

Thanks for the link, @PaulF007, it looks more complete than the one I read. I still get nervous to updrade things that include writing to databases. I like to shut things down before etc, and i don't see those things mentioned. Maybe DB's have "grown up" and know how to handle noob db-admins like me!!